003.

𝐟𝐚𝐤𝐞

that day changed desi forever..

not in a bad way but not a good way..

it just made her have a different outlook on life in general.. and we all know that's how it first starts out before that person eventually goes bat shit crazy.

 and we all know that's how it first starts out before that person eventually goes bat shit crazy

𝐝𝐞𝐬𝐝𝐞𝐦𝐨𝐧𝐚

apparently our parents knew ICE was gonna come for them eventually and decided to give aunt sonia and uncle ted custody of both, me and manny.

it was a lot to take in as i sat on the floor in the back office of the restaurant.

"what about the restaurant? a-and are they taking our house too?! w-what about school?"
manny broke the silence as she choked on her tears.

i wrapped my arm around her and pulled her close to me.

i thank god that she only heard me screaming and didn't actually see mamá or papi being taking away..

that would've scarred her for life.

"don't worry about the restaurant, we'll handle that. as for the house, we don't know what's going to happen to it that's why you guys are going to come live with us." i looked at uncle ted with wide eyes.

"are you sure you guys have enough room for us?" i looked up at them as they looked at eachother.

"we have two rooms that we don't use. until we get that other room cleaned out and ready, are you guys okay with sharing a bed for right now?" manny and i nodded making uncle ted clear his throat.

"well then it's settle. we'll stop at your house to pack up some things you guys might need for tonight and then get the rest tomorrow or sunday."

"wait! what about school?" manny asked again as we both helped eachother off the floor.

"oh! we're enrolling you guys in east highland first thing tomorrow!" aunt sonia quickly walked out as i immediately started choking on air.

how could this night be a nightmare & dream all at once?

after we grabbed some essentials and some clothes from our house, our next destination was their house which made my hands lowkey start to sweat.

everything was happening so fast and it's hard to keep track when something new happens every minute..

i knew deep down it was gonna be awkward living with maddy but i just didn't know what to expect and that's what made me nervous.

we pulled up to their driveway, making me bite my lip as we got out with our duffel bags over our shoulders.

we walked to the front door in silence as we watched uncle ted unlock the door.

"MADDY! MADDY! HONEY I DONT THINK SHES HOME YET!" uncle ted yelled as we followed him inside.

"she's probably coming home tomorrow morning." aunt sonia said from behind of us as she locked the door.

thank god! that's just another problem that i can deal with tomorrow..

"come on sobrinas, im gonna show you guys where you're gonna be sleeping tonight." aunt sonia said as we followed her upstairs and down the hall to this guest bedroom with a queen size bed.

"i hope this room is okay for y'all to share until the time being." she stated as we turned around and attacked her with hugs.

"thank you tía!" we both said in sync as she smiled in response.

"y'all get ready for bed and get some rest!" she closed the door behind her as i released a breath i didn't know i was holding in.

i dropped my bag to the floor and got out my pajamas as i started to hear sniffling.

i looked up from my bag to see manny getting out her pajamas while silently trying to cry.

"manny come here." she instantly came into my arms and started crying into my chest as i wrapped my arms around her.

"it's gonna be okay." i whispered to her as she started crying harder.

"are we ever gonna see them again?" i heard her say as i forced back tears that were trying to come out.

"yes we are manny. we're gonna get through this okay? we still have eachother and that's never gonna change." i told her as i rubbed her back.

i said those words to convince her but also try to convince myself because deep down..i honestly don't know how we're going to get through this...