014.

𝐮 𝐬𝐚𝐲

thursday came quicker than usual as everyone got ready to attended the girls first basketball game of the season.

not only was people hype about the game but they was also hyped about not having school on friday then going to the carnival on saturday.

tickets for the game was sold out and nate made sure he got a ticket so he could get a chance to watch desi perform during halftime..

nate knew that desi made the team the same day he took maddy to some fancy restaurant. when maddy told him that, he immediately bit the inside of his cheek to contain his smile.

he knew that he wanted to get desi back in his life again but he just didn't know how since every time he'd try , maddy was always there watching his every move.

and if it wasn't maddy, it was ci. nate couldn't stand the sight of ci all over desi, it made him want to go punch a wall which he actually did end up doing one day.

he knew that tonight was his only chance to talk to desi before the carnival on Saturday and he wasn't gonna let anyone get in his way..not even maddy.

𝐝𝐞𝐬𝐝𝐞𝐦𝐨𝐧𝐚

𝐝𝐞𝐬𝐝𝐞𝐦𝐨𝐧𝐚

"how do i look?" manny asked, i turned around to see her posing with her cheerleading outfit on.

"you look cute but you need to start putting your makeup on! maddy will have a tantrum if she doesn't see having any glitter on our faces for the halftime performance." i finished my makeup right when the doorbell started ringing.

"whose here?"

"ci, im braiding her hair for the game tonight so it won't be in her face." i threw my makeup bag to her.

"now go take care of your naked face." i pushed her towards her room making her groan loudly.

i jogged downstairs to the door, pulling my skirt down & fixing my hair before unlocking the door and opening it to reveal nate..

my smile quickly faded into a mug as he stood there , looking at me up & down.

"you look-"

"finally you're here! what took you so long?!" maddy yelled from behind me, pushing me out of the way.

"help me pick out an eyeshadow!" maddy took his hand, dragging him upstairs as he turned his head to look at me one last time..

before i could think about what just happened, ci appeared in the doorway making a smile immediately appear on my face.

"wait a damn minute! look at my sexy ass bestfriend y'all!" she started recording me on snapchat as i did a 360° while laughing.

once she stopped recording, i pulled her inside, snaking my arms around her neck to hug her.

she closed the door with her foot while hugging me, "hold up why didn't you hug me during school?"

"cause you was sweating all day!" i went upstairs to my room with her following very close behind me.

i saw maddys door was open and noticed nate sitting on her bed.

he started staring at me but once he saw ci, he started glaring at her.

suddenly i felt a stinging sensation on my ass , immediately turning around to see ci sticking her tongue out at nate.

i pulled her in my room and closed my door before things quickly escalated.

"stop being petty and sit down in front of my bed so i can get started!" i pushed her towards my bed.

"you act like i hit you hard as fuck.." she mumbled under her breathe as i gathered all the products i needed to do her hair.

she sat comfortably in between my legs as i wasting no time in parting her hair into sections.

ci was watching short clips of jerry springer on youtube while i got finished doing her final braid.

once i was done, i made sure her scalp was oiled before getting up and dusting myself off.

"thanks bestie." she put her durag on infront of my mirror while i made sure i had everything.

"you welcome now come on ,we got to go so we won't be late plus maddy already left."

she carried my bags to her car with manny following right behind while i locked the front door.

i jogged to the car and got in as ci stepped on the gas, speeding down the road so we wouldn't be late for warmups.

as soon as ci parked, manny jumped out and ran in the gym, leaving us behind.

i unbuckled my seatbelt and got out the car, making sure the duffel bag with my pom poms was over my shoulder.

i turned my head , realizing ci was still sitting in the car with her head in her hands.

i walked around to her side and opened the car door, dropping my duffel bag to the ground.

"what's wrong? everyone's waiting for you."

"i can't stop sweating..im so nervous. what if we lose?" she looked at me while i frowned.

"it's okay if y'all lose. this is only the first game."

"yeah but everyone's gon blame me cause im captain and everyone's counting on me! even my peoples came to see me play man." she put her head back in her hands.

does she mean that her peoples is her family? —you know what let me focus.

"ci look at me." i pried her hands off her face.

"whenever you start to get nervous, remember that i am on the sidelines, cheering you on. just remember to breathe and don't think about it okay?" she started breathing heavy to calm down before nodding.

i backed up to give her some space to get out and get her bag out of the trunk.

once she was done, we walked side by side into the gym to get warmed up before the game started..