Halloween

Halloween has always been my favorite holiday. This year I got Oscar to agree to decorate the house and pass out candy.
            "Hey baby, can you hand me that?" I asked Oscar as he walked out the front door.
          "Hey! Get down from there before you fall and hurt my merchandise!" Oscar yelled at me.
         "What the hell are you talking about?" I asked.
        "You! You're the merchandise, so get down. The guys can decorate. We're going to get candy," he smiled.
           "For you or the kids?" I smiled.
         "Both," he laughed.
          "You amaze me," I laughed climbing down the ladder as Leo climbed up.
          "We'll be back, sad eyes," Oscar yelled to Leo.
             "See you later, Spooky and Harley," Leo smiled.
           Oscar and I left and went to the store. While we were walking around laughing, 2 Prophets walked in-front of us,"looking good, baby," one commented.
          "Ditch the loser. Let me get it on pimp lane," the other said smirking and licking his lips.
            "I know you see me standing here, fool. I know everyone knows Harley is MY girl, and I know you know who I am," Oscar growled.
          "Shit, fine ass bitch like that can do way better then any Santo," the first one laughed.
           I continue to grab candy and ignore it all,"Hey, I'm talking to you, bitch!" The second one said.
           "The only bitch I see is you," I smiled.
       "Fuck'd you say?" He growled stepping towards me.
              "Don't even think about it. You're on our block. Hate to see something happen to you," Oscar growled.
        "Come on baby. We got shit to get," I said grabbing his hand and pulling him away.
           "Why'd you do that after what he said about you?"
         "If I wasted my breath on idiots and low lives I wouldn't be alive. Not worth the breath, baby," I smiled and kissed his lips.
         "So wise for someone so young," he smiled.
         "Shush," I laughed.
                 We finished getting our things and went back to the house. Oscar tells the Santos about the encounter and everyone freaks out,"We should get those mother fuck-"Leo started.
           "Not worth the breath boys," I said from the kitchen.
          "They we're talking about doing the unspeakable to you, definitely worth the breath," Marcus growled.
        "They'd never get the chance with you guys around, Amor. I'm with Oscar that's where I'll stay. Not worth the breath," I smiled.
        "We won't let this go," Leo said.
        "Then don't. Let it boil for the next time, it'll feel better," I smiled
        "Spooky, your girls kinda crazy," Leo said, Oscar just smiled.
           "Why though?" Estabien asked.
        "Like I just said, it'll feel better, and it's Halloween and we all know how I feel about Halloween," I laughed.
       "Fine," Marcus said.
          "Good, now flee. Trick-or-treaters should be arriving and you Santos always scare them away!" I laughed.
         "See ya," everyone said and left.
          We were watching cheesy scary movies while passing out candy when Oscar got a text,"it's Cesar. Some punk in Brentwood is stirring up shit. Egged them. He wants me to handle it, give them all a lift back. Sorry nena."
          "Let's go," I smiled standing up.
         "You sure?"
           "We haven't passed out candy in almost an hour and besides you've ate all we had left. So, let's go save the day," I smiled pulling him off the couch.
              We loaded up in the car and drove the 10 minutes to Brentwood. Cesar was talking to this boy,"no, but he is," he said as Oscar and I got out of the car.
        Oscar licked his finger and wiped the teardrop from the boy's eye, then wiped his own,"this shits real," he said.
        I got chills and checked on the kids,"you guys okay?" I asked.
         "We got egged," Jamel said.
       "I heard. Fuck those brats," I smiled.
        "What do you want?" The now terrified boy asked.
       Oscar looked over at us,"whatcha guys want?" I asked them.
        The kids all smiled and looked at each other. We, well Oscar, got them a shit ton of candy and some juice. On the drive back I sat between Oscar and Cesar in the front while the other 3 sat in the back. Oscar had his hand on my thigh and I had my head on his shoulder.
        "Thank you," Olivia said.
        "It was no problem," I said looking back at her and smiled then laid my head back on Oscar's shoulder.
           "How long they been together?" Olivia whispered to Ruby.
         "Since her Freshman year. He was a Senior," Ruby answered.
           "You'll have to whisper more quiet then that," Oscar said.
        "Sorry Spooky," Ruby blurted.
        "It's fine. Why didn't you just ask us?" He said.
        "Didn't want to be rude," Olivia answered.
          "It's more rude to ask someone else in the car when we're sitting right here," I laughed. We dropped Monse off at her house and took the others to Ruby's, then went home ourselves.
             The next morning I took the Halloween decorations down after Cesar left for school. For months everything was great.