He Called It

A few weeks of Ray staying with us and I couldn't stay on top of the messes the man made. Oscar and I were sitting at the table when Cesar walked in with a towel and swim trunks, "where you going?" Oscar asked.
           "Duh, the pool. What is that smell?" Cesar asked.
          "Chicken. You can go AFTER you clean up Ray's mess. I can't keep up with him," I sighed.
            "We'll go too," Oscar said.
                  We went and changed while Cesar cleaned up. Oscar put on black trunks and a blank tank top, while I put on my dark grey 2 piece with jean shorts and one of Oscar's tank tops over the top, then we left.
                  When we got there Oscar and I got in the pool, while Cesar talked to Monse. We all got out after a while and was lying on our towels, when a kid walked past and vomited all down Jasmine's back. We left quickly and went to a carnival.
             Jasmine and Monse were talking about drinks when Oscar got pulled away by 19 streeters, "should we be worried?" Cesar asked me.
              "To public," I answered still watching Oscar closely.
           "He's so toxic. Can't have 1 outing with him around," Monse said.
             "Cool it. He's the one who kept the heat off your back from Latrell," I said.
               Monse got quite just as Jasmine brought back 3 big slushy cups, "3?" Monse asked.
           "Here Harley," she smiled handing me one.
          "Thanks Jasmine," I smiled and took a drink, chocking on the 40.
         Jasmine and Monse chugged their's and was drunk drunk. Cesar had to bounce and left Oscar and I on babysitting duty. We gave them a ride back to our place cause Monse threw a fit.
              I went inside while Monse talked to Oscar. Ray was watching them from the window. He seen something cause he shook his head and walked away. Oscar came in a couple seconds later and pulled me to the bedroom, "I have to tell you something," he said.
         "What?" I asked.
          "Monse kissed me. I think I gave the wrong sign. She was talking about her mom, then it happened. I pushed her off instantly."
        I reached up and wiped his lips off, then kissed him, "I'll make sure they get home," I smiled and walked out the door.
         I walked Monse and Jasmine back to Jasmine's, "Harley, I'm sorry I kissed Oscar," Monse slurred.
          "You're drunk. Good night Monse," I said, kissed her on the forehead and walked back home.
            When Cesar got home he showered and Oscar told him what happened, "I'm not mad, she was clearly drunk," he said. Then Oscar and I went to bed.
            A few nights, later while we were getting ready for bed, Oscar got a call, "I'll be back," he said and left. 
        When he came back an hour later he told me, "I have to protect Dwayne and his family now, because of Ray opening his mouth the other day. The 19 streeters beat Dwayne up."
          We'd just got settled into bed when my phone started to ring, "Who is it?" Oscar asked.
       "Cesar," I said.
               *Call*
Harley: hello?
Cesar: Harley, I need help.
Harley: what's wrong?
Cesar: I can't get Monse to calm down. Her mom's dead.
Harley: be there in a second!
                 *End of call*
             "Monse's mom died, she just got the call," I said.
          "Let's go," Oscar said.
                We got up out of bed and ran to the car. Oscar drove us over to Monse's house and we just walked in. Cesar yelled, "Harley?"
          "Yeah!" I yelled back.
          "In here!"
            I walked back to her room and I crawled in the bed beside a sobbing Monse. She buried her head into my chest and cried while I stroked her head giving her small kisses to the top of it. Monse ended up falling asleep and couple hours later and I moved so Cesar could replace me, "did you call Monty?" I asked.
         "Yeah, he'll be home in 10," Cesar answered.
         "We'll wait," Oscar said from the doorway.
        We stood in the living room and Monty came storming in, "where is she?"
            "She's in her room. I got her to calm down enough to sleep. Cesar's with her now," I said.
            "Thank you for helping my baby girl," he said. I nodded and Oscar and I left.
             The day of the funeral Oscar was watching Dwayne's and I got left with Ray. I was cleaning up when I saw Ray packing, "leaving?" I asked.
            "Yeah," he answered.
             Just then Oscar walked in, "not even gonna tell him bye?" Oscar asked.
           "No, I'll call when I get the chance. I've caused enough drama," Ray answered.
           "Do you know how hard it is to raise a brother when you never grew up a son? I've raised him for 15 years, you come back play dad a for few months then leave for me and my woman to clean up Cesar? He's not an object you can just use for a while and throw to the side! You're a piece of shit!" Oscar yelled.
          "Let it go, mijo," Ray said as he walked out.
          Oscar followed him out the door, "Don't ever come back and stay the hell away from Cesar!" He yelled.
          I walked outside to see Ray hug Oscar. Oscar hugged back for 2 seconds then pushed Ray away. Ray left without even looking back. Oscar walked up to me and I just pulled him into a tight hug. He didn't cry, just held on to me tighter then I was him.
         "Please, don't ever leave us. We need you. I need you," he whispered.
       "Never," I said.
       "I love you, nena," he said and kissed me.
         "I love you. You should tell Cesar," I said.
           "No, not yet," he said and walked inside.
                 A while later Cesar came  home, "Where's dad?" He asked.
            "He's gone. He left, just like I said he would," Oscar said.
              Cesar freaked out, "what did you say? He wouldn't just leave!"
         "But he did," Oscar said standing up.
        "Monse was right. Every bad thing that's ever happened to me, is because of you!" Cesar screamed and shoved Oscar.
             "Hermano, please," Oscar said trying to hug Cesar.
        "No!" Cesar yelled.
              I left the front porch and walked inside as Cesar stormed out the door. I pulled Oscar to the bedroom and we laid down, and for the second time that day, I held him until we fell asleep.