four

{ Flashback / Third Person POV }

At the age of fourteen Andrea's whole world came down around her. Yet again.

————

Athena and Hector went to town to get some supplies, while Andrea stayed hidden in the cottage with Jason.

Over the years Alastair had hired men to find them, and they never had much luck.

Until this day when they spotted Athena at the store with who they assumed was her husband or guard.
Hector was indeed both.

Athena and Hector knew they were being followed, and they weren't going to lead them to Andrea.

They wouldn't put her through that.

They called Artemis on Hector's secure emergency phone to tell him what was happening, and to ask him to get Jason and Andrea to live with him.

It would be safer.

Artemis agreed with hesitation.

Athena then called Jason, she thanked him for all he had done to help her and Andrea, and she told them their current situation.

Then Athena asked to talk to Andrea.

"Nana, are you and Pa on the way back?"
Andrea asked over the phone

Athena knew she didn't have time because her and Hector hit a dead end. They saw that the men had guns. So it was get shot and be taken to be tortured for Andrea's location, or drive off the cliff into the water to drown.

Athena and Hector already knew the answer, it didn't even have to be discussed as they looked at each other and clutched each other's hands. They knew that neither of them would be willing to give of that girls location. She meant too much to the both of them.

"No angel, it'll all be explained to you later. I promised I would never lie to you, and I intend to keep that promise. I don't have a lot of time, but just know that I'm so proud of you, and who you are becoming. You are so much stronger than I ever was, and you are only fourteen. I love you so much angel, and I want you to always remember how loved you were, and how incredibly strong you are." Athena says with tears falling from her eyes

"I love you too Nana, but your scaring me."
Andrea says over the phone

"Drea you don't have to be scared, you are safe, and protected. Artemis and Jason are going to make sure of it. Remember everything we taught you, and know that over the years you became my granddaughter. I love you and your Nana.. and I wouldn't have changed a thing." Hector says

"I will. I love both of you so much, and thank you for everything. I'm sorry your in danger, because of me." Andrea says figuring out how bad the situation must be, and they knew she was crying because her voice was starting to crack.

Hector held his wife's hand as she gave him a nod and they drove off the cliff. Drowning them both.
Andrea heard it and stayed on the phone, even when the connection went out.