twelve

{ Andrea's POV }

A week has passed since Isla left.
I've been saving recordings from Samuele's office on my phone including the ones where him and Chelsea were talking bad about me, and than began to have sex. Proving if nothing else his broken vow.

Today we leave for Ander's and Roslyn's wedding celebration. They've already gotten married, but have made it mandatory that all the other bosses, their wives, and underbosses come and celebrate with them.

I have a feeling there is more to this whole celebration thing, but it's not my place to warn Samuele. He should figure it out for himself.
Before we leave Samuele has to go get Chelsea because yes of course she is coming with us.

"He just left." Donte informs

"I know." I reply

"I heard from Luis, we've been staying in contact since they left. He said that Nicolás wanted me to let you know that Isla is doing good, and adjusting well." Donte informs

"Thank you for telling me." I reply politely

"Can I ask you a question?" Donte asks

I nod.

"Andrea you've been here and married to Samuele for a year. You don't talk much, and you act as if you don't know anything but you seem to know more than anyone else. How is it possible?" Donte asks

I stay silent for a while, and I don't think Donte expects me to answer.

"I just observe." Is all I reply with

I can tell he doesn't buy it but I don't trust any of them enough to answer that question honestly.
I walk back upstairs and finish packing... and I start thinking about my real answer to Donte's question.

I married Samuele because I was forced into an arranged marriage. I'm staying because unless I have a good enough reason for divorce in Ander's eyes then I could get punished by trying to break the contract. Samuele has broke vow after vow. He has even threatened my life and Isla's. But is that enough?

I don't talk much here because I don't trust any of them. The only one who has earned a little trust and respect from me is Donte, but I don't plan on telling him that. 

I don't talk back to Samuele or Chelsea because it would only make things worse, until I have a way out. Right now it isn't that bad. I can handle it all but I do have a limit to how much mess and disrespect
I will take. So far I've been biting my tongue and allowing them to get away with everything.

But I'm just about to my limit...
My limit of not caring.
My limit of biting back instead of biting my tongue.

The ones who raised me made sure that I would stand up for myself against everyone if I needed too... but they taught me to be controlled, and smart about it. Which is why I haven't done anything yet.
I have things to figure out first.

I act like I don't know anything because the dumber and weaker they think I am the more they underestimate me. Which I hate but it gives me an advantage for when the time comes that I do fight back.

My life still seems pathetic but I'm only letting it stay that way until I find a way to bring it all down.

And that's my real and long answer.