seventeen

{ Andrea's POV }

"I could spend hours talking to you two, but dinner is being served in the dining hall." Bart says

"I think I'll stay and eat in here with you, if that's fine." Isla tells him

He nods and smiles "It's more than fine."

I smile at their interactions. I may not be able to be in love but I know love exists. Because I've seen it. 

I give them one last smile ,and then I walk into the dinning hall from the kitchen entrance that the maids use. I see everyone is already sitting down, and now most of them are looking at me weirdly because they don't know I use to live here. I pay them no mind, and I find an empty seat, and to my surprise the only empty seat left is in between Charlotte and Nicolás.

I go and take the empty seat earning a death glare from Samuele. I resist the eye roll that I felt coming on, and pay attention to how everyone is sitting.

Ander at the top end of the table.

From Anders left - Roslyn, Isabel, Chan, Samuele, Chelsea, and Donte.

From his right - Luis (surprising, most underbosses sit after their boss), then Nicolás, Me, Charlotte, Andrei, and Vlad.

This is going to be the dinner that goes down in history. I just have a feeling.

————

The food has been served, and everyone has been deadly silent. Samuele keeps glaring at me as if trying to let me know I'm dead for sitting here, and being in the kitchen. I ignore him.
Chelsea keeps starring at me as she wishes me dead. Poor thing. I ignore her too.

Donte keeps giving me looks as if he's worried for me. Considering Samuele doesn't like me with the help because it embarrasses him, and he doesn't like me being near other men.

I look at Ander who is watching me intensely, I'm assuming he read the letter and heard the recordings. I try not to pay attention to his stare. We're almost done with dinner,  and still it's silent and I had thought it might actually remain that way.

It was when Isla tripped helping bring dessert out that things got messy. The glass dishes broke and the dessert was on the floor. Chelsea being her overly loud and dramatic self had to make more of a scene about it. The girl has no manners.

"UHH! She did that on purpose!" She shouts

"Why would she?" Nicolás questions in a harder tone then the ones I've heard him use before. He must not like her, something we can have in common.

"Because she has it out for me!" Chelsea yells as if it's obvious throwing her hands around awkwardly in anger. She's a mental case.

"Sir I didn't mean too. I really didn't."
Isla says almost pleadingly to both Nicolás and Ander. Samuele lets out a dark laugh.

"She's lying!" Chelsea says loudly

Isla starts to become fearful. Which is something I don't tolerate. Not after all that has happened.

"Just admit you did it trying to hurt Chelsea. Admit you don't like her. Be honest." Samuele says with a tone that lets me know he's tricking her.

Isla's lip trembles and Ander says "Isla?"

"I don't like her, but I would never try and harm anyone not even Ms. Chelsea." Isla says honestly

Samuele looks at Ander and Nicolás and says "She deserves to be punished."

I can tell neither Ander or Nicolás are going to punish her, but I can also see Samuele becoming angrier.

Samuele stands up and says "Exuse me."
He pushes his chair from the table, and grabs Isla who was helping the maids clean the mess, and holds her tightly by her arm pulling her up.

I can see she is in pain as she looks at me with tears flowing down her face and shaking in fear.
I close my eyes and take a deep breath.
I'm sick of this σκατά [shit/crap].

I grab my sharp steak knife and throw it. I open my eyes, and see it made it deep into his arm that is holding Isla. He lets her go, and he looks around confused wondering who threw it.

I stand up from my chair and say "Excuse me." with a bitter tone, then I walk over towards Isla, and touch her arm softly, and tell her "Go to Bart."

She runs back into the kitchen, and I look at the other maids who look a little scared, it's safe to say they are new. I softly say "It's okay, you can go into the kitchen now."

"But Mrs..." One of them starts to say politely and I give a soft smile and kindly say "It's just Andrea, and I'll clean it. You can go. It's okay. I promise."

They look at Ander and he nods.
The three other maids walk quickly back into the kitchen. They had gotten most of the glass and cake up but there was still some on the floor. I'll ignore it for the moment though.

Samuele back hands me across the face and I hear people slide their chairs out,  and stand up in protest while others were to shocked.

I slightly shake my head and lean into his ear and whisper "You should run before they kill you, and when you see Alastair tell him I send my regards."

I pull back and see a confused and slightly shocked look on his face. I look him in the eye and say  "He'll be a dead man soon." in a cold emotionless tone then I pull the knife out of his arm but not before twisting it. Then I say "Assuming you don't die before him, consider this your warning, and my act of mercy."

Samuele looks shocked, angry, and in his eyes he shows a little fear. He quickly walks away, and he must've ran because when I turn back around
I hear the front door shut.

Everyone was looking at me in surprise, curiosity, and some of them look at me with amazement and pride.

Chelsea stood up and turned quickly in hate trying to grab my hair. I grab her wrist tightly and twisted it.
I look at her dead in the eyes then I lean closer to her and whisper "I don't fight like a whore, and the bastard isn't here to save you. So if you value your life, never try to touch me again."

Then when she starts to pull away I hold her wrist tighter and whisper "And if you ever try and harm or embarrass Isla again... I'll make your life a living hell, after all it is the polite thing to do.. you know return the favor after everything you've done for me."

I pull back and let go of her wrist, and she runs off somewhere in tears. I take a deep and calming breath as I bend down and finish cleaning the floor where the maids left off. I can feel everyone's eyes on me, but I grow surprised when Charlotte walks over to help me.

"You are my inspiration in this life." She whispers to me with a smile 

I give her a smile and we continue to clean the floor together. She cleans the cake up as I gather the rest of the glass so Charlotte doesn't cut herself.

I however have been cut by worse.