Escape From Lonesome Flats

Heading down a road as Poppy looked at the map, the four Pop Trolls finally came across the ghost town of Lonesome Flats. Which was a good thing, too, Flower's tiny feet were getting tired.

“This must be where the Country Music Trolls live," Poppy said to her friends and daughter.

“I don't sees them, though," Flower pointed out, and collapsed on the road. “Daddy, my feets hurt."

“Well, it looks like nobody's here," Branch figured, picking Flower up and heading off in the opposite direction. “We're too late. Time to go home. Come on, guys, let's go!"

“There is no ‘I quit' in ‘team!'" Poppy pointed out, headed for the town. Branch just resisted the urge to groan.

Once they reached the town, Poppy and the others got a better look at the Country Trolls, who each had four hooves like a horse instead of toes. Coming out from a saloon was their mayor, Delta Dawn. She was a beautiful Troll, with an orange body, a big, red hairdo, and a green tail. She wore a green shirt, white sparkly pants, and a tiny sheriff's hat tucked in her hair. She strummed her banjo, which had the glowing, orange Country string stringed to it, and began singing a sad tune.

We don't hope for making things better

All we want is to keep it together

Every day is a rainy day, no change in the weather

This kind of life has made our hearts as hard as leather

As Poppy, Branch, Flower and Biggie snuck through the town, they watched as a newly hatched Troll was immediately put to work with his brothers and sisters. Two children chased a tumbleweed, only for it to chase them back! As one Troll cried, his own teardrop cried with him. A heard of buffalo just lined up to a barbeque, and the burgers that came out sang with Delta Dawn.

And all these tears are from the dust in our eyes

And all these years just keep on passing us by

We all know that we're just born to die

That's the way it goes when you're just born to die

“This song is so sad," Poppy realized.

“Yeah, it is sad," Branch agreed. “But life is sad sometimes, so I kind of like it?"

“You do?" Poppy wondered. “Huh. But it's so different. Oh, they must not know that music's supposed to make you happy! That's awful!"

As Delta Dawn continued singing, two Trolls nearly fought until they pulled up their hats and danced with the rest of the Country Trolls. An elderly Troll had a heart attack and dropped dead in a pine box, which Delta Dawn closed for him.

And all these years just keep on passing us by

And all this misery makes it hard to deny