Transformation

“Willow!" Ash called out. She searched all over the Troll World, but the magical Troll was nowhere to be seen. “Willow!"

Ash felt tired, but just when she was ready to give up, she saw a rather unnatural-looking blizzard in the mountains. It moved around in a circle, almost like a hurricane. Curious, Ash flew her motorbug directly into the storm. The wind was hard to fight against, but she managed to make it to the wall of the storm's eye.

“Sorry, buddy!" she said to the bug, and jumped off of it, hoping she could make it through. It worked! She landed on her face into the snow beneath her.

With her giant ears picking up a DING! sound, Ash looked up to a most disturbing sight. It looked like a Troll wearing a red tank top and blue jeans, but her hair was almost pure black with just a couple thin purple streaks, her pale lavender skin covered in strange markings and her arms turning black.

“Willow, i-is that you?" Ash said nervously. The mysterious Troll turned to face the Rock princess, her large eyes were nothing but pupil and the same markings were underneath, resembling ink spilling out of them.

“Ash, what are you doing here?" Willow asked, her voice echoing. One in their right mind would be terrified and run, but Ash just felt her heart break.

“Looking for you," Ash answered. “Willow, what's happening to you?!"

Willow looked away and sighed. “It's a curse. I've had it since I was a baby. Unless I feel something strong enough to fight against it, it'll only get worse and nothing will stop me from hurting everybody."

“Why don't you just feel something strong enough to fight it?"

“I can't!" Willow argued. “I spent my entire life pretending to be happy, when I'm really not! My whole life, the world has been against me! My own mother tried to kill me, my father used me to try to destroy the Trolls, even my empathy is trying to mess with my tiny brain!"

“Willow, what are you talking about?" Ash asked, confused.

“When I touch someone, I can sense their feelings," she explained. “When I touched you, I-I-I-I thought I felt..."

Willow couldn't finish her sentence. She didn't need to, however, as Ash pulled out the necklace. At that moment, she understood.

She understood what Willow felt, what she needed to feel, and what she felt towards the Pop Troll herself.

She understood everything.

“Just go!" Willow pleaded as the Darkness began spreading to her shoulders. “Get out of here!"

But Ash wouldn't leave. Instead, she grabbed her guitar, made some adjustments to it, and began playing a song. It wasn't pop music, but it didn't sound quite as hard as the rock music she was used to.

This was coming from her heart.

There you stand open heart, open doors

Full of life with a world that's wanting more

But I can see when the lights start to fade