One Nation Under Rock

In the world of Trolls, telling your Hard Rock sister you're Alternative is like telling your conservative parents you're gay. Which is ironic, because Ash is gay. Enjoy the story!

While everyone else was getting ready for the concert, Barb had Poppy taken to her fortress and thrown into a prison cell shaped like a tooth.

“So Popcorn," Barb teased as she locked the door, “is being my best friend everything you could've ever dreamed of?"

“I am not your best friend."

“You don't have to be embarrassed," Barb assured her. “I get it, being queen can be kind of lonely."

Poppy then noticed the Queen of Rock looking out at her subjects in the audience as she got lost in thought.

“There's all this pressure to be a great queen," she continued, hugging herself nervously. “And instead of real friends, you're just surrounded by people who just tell you what you want to hear."

Poppy wouldn't say it aloud, but she knew exactly how that felt. She hears Trolls say many nice things about her, but she can never tell if any of them actually mean it. When Hickory said Trolls is Trolls, he was only telling her that because it was something she wanted to hear.

Barb turned back to the Pop queen and smiled. “You know, other than your terrible taste in music and clothing and general lifestyle, you and me are the same, Popsqueak."

“Uh– No, we're not!" Poppy denied.

“We're both queens who just want to unite the world."

“You don't want to unite the world," Poppy said, “you want to destroy it!"

“Nuh-uh! No way! No, I don't know who told you that," Barb insisted as Carol opened the guitar case. “Music has done nothing but divide us. Now that I have the final string, I can make us all One Nation of Trolls Under Rock!"

With that, Barb had the Pop string strung to the guitar with the other five strings, and its cheerful pink glow faded away as it turned the same rebellious red as the rest of the strings. Barb pulled the guitar out of its case, flipped it in the air, and held it to her waist. She chuckled in excitement.

“What are you gonna do?" Poppy asked nervously.

“Play the ultimate power chord, and then... You'll see!"

❤️☠️🧡🌺💛☠️💚🌺💙☠️💜🌺

Willow and Ash managed to succeed with the sneaking in part of the plan, but this was where the tricky part began: stealing the strings from Barb.

Once they reached the right wing of the stage, the two Trolls noticed four flying Angler buses carrying cages with chains as they were lowered onto pedestals surrounded by boiling lava. The cages opened at the bottom, dropping Delta Dawn, King Trollex, Trollzart, King Quincy, and Queen Essence onto them. They also noticed King Peppy, Cooper and Prince D being forced to the front of the audience, most likely because they were the leaders' families.

“Oh, my gosh!" Ash gasped. She knew Barb's plan would be terrible, but never expected this!

“Where do you think the strings are?" Willow whispered as they hid.