Evening On The River

Flower couldn't swim, but figured this would be a good time to learn. Unfortunately, she struggled to stay above water, but found the jail cell door floating in the river and held onto that.

“Mommy! Daddy!" she cried, coughing out some water. Poppy was the first to stick her head above the water, and swam after her daughter.

“Don't worry, Flower!" she reassured her, grabbing the door. “Mommy's got you!"

Branch came up and noticed Poppy putting Flower on her head and swimming to shore. He followed to make sure they were okay. Flower started choking and Branch performed CPR so the water would leave her system. Biggie was doing the same thing to Mr. Dinkles.

“You... okay, sprout?" he panted, exhausted from the escape. She nodded and he just lied down next to Poppy.

“I'm really glad you came with me," Poppy said in relief, smiling at Branch.

“Me, too."

“Yah! There you are! Whew!" Hickory shouted, shaking the water off of his body like a dog. “I think we lost them. We should be all right."

“Thank you!" Poppy said gratefully. “I don't know how we can ever repay you. Oh, wait! Yes, I do. Gumdrops!"

“Gum what? Oh, well, thank you," Hickory said, popping one into his mouth. “Whew. That's got a zing, don't it?"

Flower giggled as Branch took all of the gumdrops away from Hickory.

“It's not candy time," he said, feeling suspicious. “It's question time."

“Hug Time!" Poppy and Biggie shouted as all four Pop Trolls' Hug Time bracelets went off. They all gathered together for a group hug, which Branch immediately pulled away from. He may like hugs now, but no pair of arms could keep him from getting serious.

“Why are you helping us?!" he asked Hickory. He smacked his own wrist as his bracelet went off again. “What's in it for you?"

“Hey! Branch!" Poppy scolded, and turned to Hickory. “I'm sorry about my... associate."

Hickory didn't mind Branch's question, however, and happily answered as he strolled with Poppy.

“I loved your message about music bringing Trolls together," Hickory explained. “You may be Pop, and I may be Country, but Trolls is Trolls."

“‘Trolls is Trolls.' Wow, deep!" Branch muttered sarcastically.

Poppy gave Branch a look and turned back to Hickory. “This is the beginning of a partnership between Trolls that's going to save all Trolls!"

“You're darn skippy," Hickory agreed, winking at her. Branch groaned as she blushed.

“Okay," Poppy said, pulling out the map. “We need to get to the Funk Trolls before Barb."

“Well, quickest way is down that river," Hickory explained. “I'll build us a raft."

“This ought to be good," Branch scoffed. “Guy probably doesn't know the first thing about building a ra–"