5

My eyes fluttered open, and I noticed that I was no longer laying on the couch in the living room, but rather laying on my bed in my room. I didn't recall leaving the couch last night. Rather, I recalled falling asleep with Damien's arm wrapped around my waist and my back pressing into his firm chest.

I yawned while stretching, and once I felt fully awake, I climbed off the bed and went to the bathroom, where I took care of my hygiene before heading downstairs.

"Took long enough," Aria chuckled when she saw me entering the dining room, and I chuckled while fanning her off. "Everyone is in the dining room eating breakfast. I'm bringing the last plate of waffles for you and Damien soon. Speaking of, you should probably check on him and see if he's okay in his room. I'm pretty sure he's sleeping, but I don't want the food to get cold."

I nodded before walking off towards Damien's door. I gently knocked on his door, and he groaned, "Come in."

I opened the door and pushed my head through and noticed that he was wide awake but in pain.

"Are you okay?" I asked while fully entering his room and walking towards his bed.

Damien informed, "I have a head ache. Do you have any Tylenol or Advil?"

I nodded, "Yeah. I'll go get it, but you should still head towards the dining room. Aria said everyone's eating breakfast, and she doesn't want the food getting cold."

"Aight, bet," he nodded while sitting up.

"Do you want some tea? I don't mind making some for you," I said with a gentle smile.

He shook his head, "Nah, it's fine, but thank you."

I gave a simple nod before asking, "Did you bring me to my room when I fell asleep?"

"Yeah," he confirmed. "I thought you'd be more comfortable waking up in your bed than on a couch with me."

I smiled, "The couch wasn't so bad." I then quickly left his room before he could question my meaning behind what I had said, and went up to my room for the Tylenol. I brought two pills down for him in a napkin and went to the dining room to enjoy breakfast with everyone. There, I gave Damien the pills, and he thanked me for it.

Damien's POV

While devouring my waffles, I stole a few glances at Sagacity as I tried to figure out what she had meant when she was in my room. Was she saying that she enjoyed cuddling with me? Was she simply saying she liked laying on the couch?

That girl always confused the shit out of me. Sometimes, I could had sworn that she was checking me out or even flirting with me a bit, but I could never really understand her motives nor actions. Frankly, I didn't want her absentmindedly playing with my feelings again. It was like that two years ago when we were finally bonding, and I was coming close to telling her that I actually had a thing for her, but then she went and cuffed that Jason kid. It was a fucking slap to the face!

Since then, we drifted apart, even though we were never really close. She was just someone I admired from afar. Now, I was having mixed emotions because I knew that even though two years had passed since she absentmindedly hurt me, I still had a soft spot for her. I didn't, however, want to give into it because I didn't want to get hurt again.

Nico was the other issue blocking me from giving into my feelings for Sagacity. I didn't know how he'd react to me liking his sister. He was my best friend, and a great one at that, and I didn't want to chance messing things up with him over a silly crush. He was like a brother to me, so I needed to start seeing Sagacity as a sister. Maybe that would help me not think about her in ways that I shouldn't have in the past. Surely, she didn't think of me in the way I sometimes found myself thinking about her.

I was just overthinking her words and actions.

A/N: Since this chapter is short, I'll be giving a second one 😊