55

Damien's POV
"And I just thought you guys should know, but I wanted to make sure Sagacity was okay with me telling you three first," I said to Nico, Justin, and Zach. I had just told them about the predicament Sagacity and I were in. I felt bad keeping the information from them, but I also didn't want to invade my girlfriend's privacy. She told me that it was okay to tell them, so I did. She was currently out with Natalie and Aria, and her grandmother was in the kitchen preparing dinner for everyone. Her parents would be home soon.

Nico nodded, "Its not your fault the rubber tore, you know."

We were all hanging out in the basement, where we liked to consider our man cave.

I sighed, "I know, but I still should've had her on the pill." Maybe if I had been more gentle, the rubber wouldn't tore.

"Do you want her to keep the baby?" Justin asked, and I grabbed the Hennessy from out the fridge and poured a little in my glass.

As I sat, I sighed and downed the drink. "Honestly, 60% of me does. I've always wanted kids, but I don't think we should be starting a family so soon. She's still so young. We both are. I don't wanna put that pressure on her, so that 40% remaining is because I think it's too soon. If she keeps the baby, I'll still be happy and help her take care of it. I'm just worried that it'll be too much for us to handle...too much for her."

Justin asked, "What do you think she wants?"

I sighed, "She won't admit it, but I think she's the opposite- 40% keep, 60% abort. She knows that I low key want the baby, but she also knows that I high key want what's best for her. Still, she's considering having the baby because she knows I want a family someday. I told her that it doesn't have to be so soon and that we can wait, and I know she feels that way too, but...I don't know. She's worried that our relationship will change in a negative way if we do or don't have the baby."

"Just like how you were worried about having sex with her," Nico drew a comparison, and I nodded.

"Yeah, exactly," I agreed. "I'm still gonna be with her regardless of what her final decision is, but I don't know if she believes that."

Zach shrugged, "Find some way to prove it, and she will. I support you both with whatever decision y'all choose."

Nico and Justin smiled, "Me too."

I lightly smiled, "Thanks, guys, really." I then sighed, "Were supposed to be telling Mr. and Mrs.Carter tonight."

"Yikes," all three said, causing me to chuckle.

"Yeah, they're gonna kill me, but we don't wanna keep that info from them, and we wanna hear what they think too," I shrugged. "If this were to happen three or four years from now, everything would be fine, but like how they recently gave me permission to date Sagacity, they're gonna wanna chop my head off for sure."

Nico chuckled, "Especially my dad," while pouring a little bit of liquor in his glass too. "Imagine when they tell the other Bulldogs."

We all burst into laughter at the predicament, finding a bit of humor in the situation.

"I'm already looking for caskets," I chuckled, and we all burst into laughter again.

That night
Mr.Carter balled his hands into a fist and clenched them tightly as he exchanged glances between his daughter and me. "This is what you do with my blessing?!" he angrily asked. "You take it and impregnate my daughter before she could finish college? What the fuck is wrong with the both of you? Huh?!"

"Nickolas, dear, please calm down," Sagacity's grandmother said, hoping to pacify her son.

"Nah," Mr.Carter shook his head. "You both have some nerves saying you're not sure what to do about it. There's no way in hell you're having that baby. I'll bring you both to the abortion clinic my damn self."

Sagacity frowned, "With all due respect, Dad, that's not your decision to make."

Mr.Carter then angrily stood from his seat, and Mrs.Carter immediately stood and tried to calm him down. I could tell that she was taken aback by Sagacity's and my confession, but that was the only emotion I could read from her at the moment.

"Not my decision?" Mr.Carter huffed while walking around the table to Sagacity and me. I immediately found myself standing in her defense. I knew that if he were to hit her I'd probably lose it. "The fuck are you standing for?"

"Mr.Carter, I don't want any problems," I sighed while raising my hands, showing that I meant no harm. "I understand that you're upset, and you have every right to be, but Sagacity is correct. It isn't your decision to make."

"Stand down, honey," Mrs.Carter said to Mr.Carter, who looked at her as if she had three heads.

His mother agreed, "This isn't your fight, Nickolas!"

Mr.Carter gave me a bad eye before looking at his daughter and doing the same. He then huffed and nodded as he walked back to his side of the table. He downed his glass before saying, "You two wanna be grown, that's fine by me. You wanna throw away your lives? Go ahead. Both of you get out now!"

"Dad!" Nico frowned while standing up. "You can't kick her out!"

Mr.Carter frowned, "I can do whatever the fuck I want. This is my house, and she no longer lives in it. She wants to be grown- let her."

"Fine," Sagacity said while standing from the table.

Mrs.Carter frowned, "You're not kicking our daughter out.

Mr.Carter disagreed, "I just did."