7

Sagacity's POV

I added my finishing touches to my painting before announcing, "Finished."

"Hold on, I'm almost done too," Damien informed. We were facing each other so that our art wouldn't be seen by the other until we were ready to reveal them. "Alright, me too."

We both stood from our seats, and I walked over to his painting as he walked over to mine. His was actually really good and not like anything I had ever seen before. It was unique and captivating, and I knew my father would agree if he were to see it.

"Wow, Damien! This is really good," I complimented as I continued to stare at it. I didn't know what exactly it was that he painted, as there was no definite object to the painting, but his use of value and chiaroscuro to give off the emotions he was feeling while painting his art piece was very effective. I could see the moments of tension, fear, eagerness, happiness, and straight up blankness- a feeling of being lost and just drifting through life. "I think you should show this to my father."

Damien playfully frowned, "I don't think it's that good. Your father receives millions of dollars for his paintings. Mine isn't even worth a dollar."

I shook my head," I disagree. The emotions in this piece and the piece in itself is really captivating, and it makes you wonder things not only about the painting, but also the painter. That's art right there. You shouldn't be interning at one of my father's business companies. You should be interning at his art studio!"

Damien chuckled, "Stop gassing me. Besides, yours look way better than mine. I thought you said you started learning to paint last month..."

I shrugged, "I'm a fast learner. Besides, I've learned a lot from analyzing my father's works and also other great artists' works. I've been drawing since five years old, and became really good at coloring when I was like 15. I think of painting like coloring, only liquid form, and treat it the same way."

"Well, you're really good at it," he complimented as he continued to observe my art.

"Thanks," I smiled a bit shyly as my eyes left his art and connected with his eyes. His eyes instantly flickered away as he stuffed his hands in his jeans' pockets. He scratched the back of his head while staring at the ground, and there was a loss of confidence that I had never seen on him before. "You okay?"

He nodded, "Yeah...um...uh...I-there's an art exhibition tonight that I had wanted to check out. I don't know, I guess I was just wondering if you'd like to go with me. I was supposed to go with Nico but he's not gonna be back from work in time."

I smiled while most likely blushing, "Yeah, sure."

That night

I knocked on Damien's door, and he opened the door after about three seconds or so. He wore a black turtleneck, a long, black overcoat, black jeans, and all black Balenciaga socks, and although I wouldn't say it aloud, the adult look with swag that he had was a huge turn on for me.

"Wow, you look really nice," I complimented as calmly as I could.

"You do too," he said while looking me up and down, causing blush to form on my cheeks. I wore over the knee black suede boots, a black turtleneck, a flare out black leather skirt, and a black leather jacket with brown fur on its collar. Although it was May, tonight's weather was a bit cold, so our outfits were appropriate for the weather. My hair was in a low, sleek bun, and I had decided to go with out make up because I was feeling lazy. Damien cleared his throat before asking, "Ready?"

I gave a gentle nod, and we walked to the garage before getting into the Bugatti Damien had gotten from Rico as his graduation gift.

Later that night

Damien and I walked side-by-side around the park as we ate ice cream. We had a great time at the exhibit, and now that it was over, we were on a stroll. Damien was telling me about his college experience, most of which sounded fun. He was also telling me about the wild moments he had, and I couldn't help but chuckle at some of his stories.

"So you don't regret it," I concluded in a giggle.

He chuckled, "Definitely not. You're gonna love it there."

I sighed, "I hope so. The whole dorming situation scares me though. You had Nico to dorm with, I'm gonna have a stranger."

Natalie was already attending the school and would be a sophomore by the time Aria and I would get there. Both Aria and I wanted to dorm with Natalie, but we didn't get a room big enough for the three of us. Instead, Aria got to dorm with Natalie, and I had a stranger to dorm with.

"Who you'll have a good chance of becoming good friends with," he argued.

"I feel like it's gonna be weird the first few months then," I shrugged.

"Maybe," Damien agreed. "I know people that had dorm together and are great friends up to now. I wouldn't think so negatively about it."

I sighed, "I guess."

Damien chuckled, "You look cute when you're upset." His smile then fell straight off his face as his eyebrows slightly raised, as if he wasn't supposed to say that aloud. I knew it didn't help that I was blushing a lot as well. "Um...I meant that in a non-hitting-on-you way."

"It's okay," I chuckled lightly, even though I was a bit sad that he meant what he said in a friendly way. I'd prefer if it were in a flirtatious way because then I could allow my very creative mind to start picturing Damien and me together.

He simply just wasn't interested in me in that way, and I needed to accept that....eventually.