31

"Jenny, another intern, tried to ask me out and I told her that I only had eyes for my girlfriend. In case you don't know who my girlfriend is, it's you. I asked if she was okay cause I knew she felt hurt, and I didn't wanna be a jerk. Anything else, inspector?" Damien replied.

I brushed off the last part of his response and questioned, "Why did you tell her to wear something nice tomorrow?"

"The interns are being paired together for a project. You can ask your dad for confirmation, since you don't trust me," he answered in a petty tone. "She's my partner for the project, and she'll be the model for the product we're gonna market."

"Okay," I nodded. "What was up with your mood when you got here?" I questioned.

He answered, "There was a number on a sticky note on my windshield. I thought it was my mom, and I didn't know how to react to it. I didn't call until I got inside my room, but it was Jenny who left her number on my car because she found out that we were paired as partners. While on the phone, I got a confirmation email from your dad's secretary. Now that I know it wasn't my mother that tried to contact me, I'm more relaxed. I didn't know it was a crime to be anxious and not in the mood to communicate with my girlfriend because of a past that was troubling me."

"And why did you come here so late?" I asked.

Damien opened his book bag and took out a black plastic bag. He then opened the bag and shook it out onto the bed, revealing two boxes of condoms and two pack of pills.

"I met up with Natalie and Aria, and they helped me get some birth control for extra security," he answered. "I thought we should be extra careful because mistakes do happen, like a condom breaking, or maybe even forgetting to use a condom. I just wanted to be safe." He packed a box of the condoms in his draw and handed me the other one, along with the pills. "Are we done here?"

I sighed and connected eyes with him before apologizing, "I'm sorry. I just-"

"Don't trust me," he nodded.

"No, I do, I just...I don't know," I sighed. "I thought you were having seconds thoughts about what almost happened last night and what we planned to do. I thought you were gonna push me away again because you thought we were going too fast, and then I came to talk to you and heard you talking to another girl...and I just...I just got jealous and confused...and scared."

Damien cupped my left cheek and smooched my lips before saying, "I don't think we're moving too fast, and I'm definitely not gonna cheat on you." I shyly nodded, and he wrapped me into a hug.

"I feel like such an idiot now," I shyly said, and he chuckled lightly.

"It's aight, babe," he said sweetly. He then smooched my forehead before saying, "Don't stress it. I'm gonna shower now. You're welcome to join, if you want."

I blushed, "Sure." We then held hands as we left his room and went to the bathroom. He started the shower as I stripped, and then he took off his boxers and joined me in the shower. "How was your day?"

"Could've been better," he answered. "You?"

"Same," I nodded. "It was actually pretty boring."

"Well, it's a good thing tomorrow's my day off then," he smiled, causing me to chuckle.

I reminded, "You have to train with my uncles, remember?"

"Fuck, I forgot," he pouted. "Do you wanna go somewhere tonight then?"

I shook my head, "Nah. I feel like staying inside tonight. We could just watch movies or something."

He nodded and placed a soft kiss to my temple before lathering his rag.