16

A/N: Spoiling you with two chapters today 🙃

"Hey, Nico," I waved as my brother entered the living room. I was laying on the couch by myself, staring into space, and he had recently arrived home from work.

"Hey, Sa. You good?" my brother asked as he studied me. The TV was playing, but it was clear that I wasn't watching it, as my eyes were glued to the ceiling. I nodded, but he walked over to me and sat beside me anyways. "Okay, now the truth."

How was I supposed to tell him that my boyfriend, his best friend, and I weren't talking and that made me sad?

"It's nothing," I shook my head.

Nico frowned while staring at me before asking, "Does it have anything to do with Damien?"

While sitting up, I frowned, "Why would you think that?"

Nico chuckled, "Because I have eyes and can sense bad energy." I didn't want to chance blowing my cover, so I only frowned at him. He then explained, "He hasn't been the same since last week. He didn't even join us in the group link up, even though it was his idea to get drinks and stuff. He left the house and didn't come back until everybody left, and even then, he locked himself in his room." I remained silent, so he pointed out, "I noticed that the two of you were spending more time together, which I'm cool with because I spend most of my time at work or with Natalie. I also know you two have been strangers to each other in some ways because you two don't really hang out. Did...something...happen between you two? You seemed out of it since the group link too."

I nodded and sighed, "I...pissed him off the night before the group link."

"Yeah, I thought I heard his door slam while I was on the phone with Nat," he brought up. "What happened?"

"He told me that Dad's secretary had him sorting through files and stuff, and I wanted to help him start working on marketing projects faster, so I brought it up to Mom and asked her to convince Dad into making him start sooner," I answered, choosing to leave the part about me dating his best friend out. "He didn't want me to help, so he got really upset and basically told me to fuck off."

Nickolai chuckled while shaking his head in amusement. He then smiled, "You should've listened to him, but I'll let you know that he's not as upset as you think he is. He's a bit antisocial sometimes and doesn't like when his independence is tested, but I've seen him way more upset. Right about now, I'd say that he's approachable but might yell at you for a few minutes." Nico chuckled once more before his chuckles grew into a laugh. "I learned not to go against his wishes along time ago. He likes doing stuff independent of others because he feels like Rico babies him a lot. He never really told me how he lost his parents, but I know that he did and that Rico took him in. Rico always worries about him, Damien told me, and tries to do almost everything for him. He just wants to be independent in certain ways, and I think you should respect that, all jokes aside."

I nodded and murmured a quiet, "Okay."

Nico then informed, "I know a way you can make it up to him."

Instantly, I questioned, "How?"

"Well, if there's one thing my best friend likes more than sex, it's a box of Ferrero Roche chocolates," he answered. "His mom used to give it to him on his birthday, so that's the only time he eats it- to cherish her memory. It's his favorites, and I know he'll appreciate it if you got it for him. He may have a lot of materialistic things, but that's not the type of person he is. He values intrinsic things, and a box of those chocolates is one of the things he values the most."

I slightly smiled, "Thanks, Nico, really."

"No problem," he nodded while standing.

I then asked, "Why are you telling me this though? He's not upset with you."

Nico nodded, "True, but I don't like knowing my closest friend is pissed off, especially at my sister. He wouldn't talk to me about it, so I'm glad you did. Now, make best friend happy again, other wise I'm gonna be angry at you too."

I chuckled and nodded, "I'll try."

Nico smiled, "He may look a bit intimidating sometimes, but he's a nice guy, trust me. The chocolates and a sincere apology will do the trick."

Gratefully, I smiled, "Thank you, Nico."

Nico ruffled my hair while smiling, "You're welcome, Sa." He then walked off, and I started googling where to find the type of chocolates Damien liked.