Mondays after resumption were reserved for school sanitation which Dinny always tried to avoid.

"Uzodinma Hope Bradford Anyawu" Damola called out.

The boys were cutting the grasses in front of our classroom. "What? Please don't spoil my name with your Yoruba tongue" Dinny said sitting down.

"If you don't want my trouble, please come and sweep these two rows". " Why should I sweep after cleaning louvers anyway" Dinny shrugged "Besides I'm the assistant class captain"
"Assistant my foot! I am the class captain, I've swept, whitened the board, removed the cobwebs and done a lot more" Damola hissed "Do you think assistant implies royalty?" Damola said cleaning the louvers with her and rubbed it on Dinny's face.

Some girls chuckled, Dinny looked embarrassed. "When you're done blabbing and doing all of the dirty work, I'll come back" she said and stormed out of the class.

"Na wa o! That girl is very lazy" A girl called Vicky said.

"Don't mind her jare, I have better things to do than to talk to an adorned pig that will still wallow in mud. As big as she is, she can't clean louvers and she's saying 'when you're done blabbing' Onye zuzu " Damola said mispronouncing the Igbo term.

"This girl get Yoruba brain oh! Very hotheaded" Pamela said dusting a locker.

Damola laughed "Abeg who dey go tuck shop?"

*     *     *     *     *     *     *     *     *     *     *

Kola Adebayo was the dining hall prefect. A lean tall boy with a large mouth which made people call him 'lebelicious'. Damola had once said his 'lebe' mouth got him the post of the dining hall prefect one"

"Ju boys leave here before I open my eyes!" he barked. He reminded me of 'major' my neighbor's dog.
"We never chop food oh!" one boy shouted.
"Who  said that?" He demanded his mouth shooting out in a round angry pout.

            "Lebelicious!"
            "Lebelicious!"
            "Lebelicious!"

Kola took a dry firewood and began chasing the junior boys. Damola laughed at the scene as we left the dining hall.
"Lebelicious one of Nigeria!" She whispered

"Dammy....." Agatha called
"What is the eighth wonder of the world?" Damola asked.
"What! There's no eighth wonder" I replied. Damola leaned forward "Kola's lebe!" Then she roared in laughter. Agatha and I joined in.  

Damola will definitely be the death of me

"Look at Kamsy and Dinny" Agatha cut in. I stopped laughing as I watched Kamsy smiling while Dinny talked to him. My brows arched into a frown.

"Why are you angry?" Damola asked.
             "I'm not angry"
"You are Uzo. You can't stand Kamsy with any other girl but you don't want to accept him" Agatha chipped in.
I rolled my eyes " Kamsy and I are just friends".
"Tor! Suit yourself. Look at the fine guy that is asking you out! You are here dulling yourself" Damola sighed.
"If you don't accept him, someone else will. As you can see, it seems like Dinny likes him. If you like keep forming, that's your problem".

" Let's go..." I dragged Damola and Agatha as I saw Kola turn in our direction.
"Let me not catch anybody there!" He barked and we scrambled away. I could see Kamsy holding Dinny as they ran.

Chapter four out💃💃💃
Short chapter right 😩
Bear with me🙏
Endeavor to vote, comment and share. Love you all.

Qhupid out🐾