14°

This chapter is dedicated to Teefabulous Teefabulous

UZO'S POV

As soon as we got down from the car, mama hugged Adaku and I and Eyinna jumped on me. "Sister Uzo, sister Ada" Papa smiled as he watched us. Every one looked happy. There was one face I hadn't seen.

Adaku voiced out my thought "Where is brother Edozie?"

Mama smiled "He went out. He'll be back soon. Come on let's go inside. I have prepared a special meal for you two"

Adaku and I walked behind mama and papa. My hands intertwined with Eyinna's as I took in my surrounding. The house had been renovated. Things seemed to be really going great for my family and I was happy about it.

After a meal of jollof rice and chicken, Adaku and I retired to our rooms. My room was also repainted. It was painted blue, my favorite color. I smiled in excitement and walk over to my wardrobe. I opened it and brought out my phone as a wide grin spread across my face. I immediately subscribed and turned on my mobile data. I dropped my phone on my bed so that all the messages would come in while I went to my bathroom to have a quick shower.

After my cold shower, I decided on a white T-shirt and a pair of black leggings. I heard a car honk in the compound and I pulled my curtains and really there was a car in our compound. A Toyota highlander. The car's door opened and Edozie came down. Oh my God! My brother is now a yahoo boy! I screamed mentally. I couldn't see him clearly from my window but I was sure he was the one.

I heard my room door fly open and I was forced to look away from Edozie who was walking into the house already.

"Can't you knock?" I knitted my brows.

"Why should I?"

"What if I was naked?"

"It's not like I haven't seen you naked before" Adaku shrugged.

"Whatever"

"Papa wants us downstairs now"

"What's up?"

"I don't know. Just come downstairs" She said and left my room. I left the room after her and made my way downstairs.

Midway down, I sighted Edozie and his hair was neatly cut. I was really
startled. What happened to his locks? I made my way downstairs and took a seat beside Adaku. Edozie was seated opposite mama. And Eyinna was seated on papa's laps.

"You two must be really surprised" Papa started as his gaze rested on mine and Adaku's. "Well, things has changed for this family. My business is going great and the car parked outside is mine. Also your brother Edozie has turned a new leaf. He's taking IJMBE classes and by God's grace he'll be in the university soon.

I was overjoyed. I couldn't contain my excitement as I was all smiles.

Papa continued. "Anyways, my business partner Mr Ade will be holding a party tonight. Its his wedding anniversary and he has invited our family. Make sure you rest but you have to be ready by six thirty"

"Uzo and Ada go with your mum. She will give you some dresses. You should pick the one you'll wear tonight"

"Okay sir" Adaku and I chorused. We went with mama to hers and papa's room. She handed each of us a traveling bag filled with clothes. We thanked her and headed to our respective rooms.

As soon as I got to my room, I threw the box to one corner and went to my bed. I picked up my phone, unlocked it. I saw a missed call from Damola and decided to call back.