12°

UZO'S POV

I took brisk strides making my way to Adaku's class. She sent a junior student to call me. Apparently she had a conversation with Papa when he called through our guardian earlier.

I hastened my steps so as to return to my class before night prep. I was almost at the SS3 block when I heard footsteps behind me. I ignored them and continued walking. Almost immediately, I bumped into someone. I looked up and my eyes landed on trouble itself.

Right in front of me stood Sean Adeboye. A sinister smile graced his homely face. I turned around only to be met with smirking faces of Chogu and other of his friends. In a nutshell, I was surrounded by Terry J and his friends. I was trapped.

My heart started racing instantly. Terry J advanced towards me taking slow strides. He laughed hysterically as he rounded me. "If it isn't the most wanted chick"

I swallowed hard looking down at my sandals like they were the most captivating thing in the world. "Look at me" he ordered lifting my chin up. I shrunk back in fear. "Are you scared? I thought you are a confident girl that is afraid of nothing and no one". His friends snickered.

"Speak up" he thundered and I rubbed my sweaty palms against my dress. "Oh yes, you can't speak. You've realized your mistake. But you're too late. I don't go back on words. I'll make sure you pay for every single thing you said to me that day"

"I'm sorry, I'm really sorry" I clamped my hands together.

"Sweetheart as I said earlier, it's too late for that. You'll never cross path with me ever again you fool"

That was it! I couldn't take it anymore. I had no care for what they could do to me but I certainly could not stand them ridicule me like that.
"Hey! Don't call me a fool" I bawled.

"How dare you speak to me in that manner. I'm going to kill you!" He raised his hands at me.I flinched and my eyes went shut.

One second...

Two seconds...

Three seconds...

I didn't feel the sting from the slap. I slowly opened my eyes and saw Sean's hand held mid air. I couldn't really tell who the person that held him back was because he was backing the source of light.

"How dare you raise your hand to a lady! Don't you have any shame?" My eyes widened at the sound of his voice. "Timi leave this place now! It's none of your business" Chogu thundered.

"I'm not leaving and there's nothing you can do about it" he replied and grabbed me by my wrist. I resisted the urge to pull away from his grip.
"Confirm! We will beat you and your girlfriend together" One of Sean's friend added.

I'm not his girlfriend. I wanted to scream out but I knew better than to do so.

"Timi you should stay out of this. I have scores to settle with her" Sean spoke up since Timi arrived.

"I will leave. But don't you think your friends should know something about you. I mean our families are close. Aren't they?" I noticed the pernicious smile playing on his ever plump pink lips.

Sean's eyes widened and he gulped. I was confused. What's does Timi know?

"Um... I'll let her go" he said in a profound tone. My eyes almost flew out of its socket. Just like that?
Timi smiled and dipped his hands in his pocket finally letting me go. "Good. Now you have to promise me that you will never disturb her again"

"Terry, what is all these? Let's treat their fuck up" One of his friends hissed.

Sean raised his hand to demonstrate 'stop'. "Don't do anything guys. Let's go"