24°

3rd PERSON POV

Uzo was sitting on a couch in her room when Mide walked in. "I need help!" Mide said as she sank into Uzo's bed laying on her back. Uzo teared her gaze away from her phone with arched brows. "With?"

Mide groaned. "I don't know what to wear" she sighed in exhaustion. "Where are you going to?"
"On a date". Uzo practically screamed.
"You're going on a freaking date with freaking Desmond right?"

Mide nodded causing Uzo to squeal. "Will your help me?" Mide asked already tired of the sounds Uzo made.
"Sure. Let's go to your room"

After picking six outfits for her, Uzo thought she had done a great job but Mide decided none of the outfits would be good enough. "It's a dinner not an award show Mide. Pick something already" Uzo was fed up with Mide being Choosey.

After five more minutes, Mide settled for a short jean gown and a pair of slip-on sneakers.

At few minutes to six, a knock was heard at the door and Mide rushed downstairs alongside Uzo. Immediately Mide opened the door, she couldn't help but smile at the tall and well built piece of cake standing before her. Desmond couldn't tear his gaze from her body because she looked breathtaking.

They stared at each other for what seemed like minutes and only stopped when Uzo made a throaty sound.
"Come on" Desmond said leading her out. "Have fun guys" Uzo yelled behind them before closing the door.

As soon as she turned, she meet Timi staring at her. She casted her gaze to the floor as her heart took a different pace. He smiled knowing fully well that he had effect on her. "What are you doing this evening?" He asked

"Um...nothing" She shrugged.

"Great! Go get dressed. We're going out"

"Where to?"

"A new Karaoke club in town. It's gonna be fun. You'll love it, I promise"

She beamed and made her way up the stairs to her room. She decided on a white shirt and a pair of black jeans with a pair of sandals to go with.

Once downstairs, they got into the car and drove out of the compound. The drive to the Karaoke club was about twenty minutes and it was a comfortable one with little chats here and there.

As soon as they parked the car, they made their way into the club. It was a really simple yet extravagant place with a small bar.

They got seated at the bar and ordered a bottle of red cocktail which they drank together watching the girl on the stage. She sang Ariana Grande's  7rings so beautifully making Uzo move her body subconsciously. Timi noticed the involuntary act and smiled. "You wanna sing?" He asked and she nodded in approval.

He walked over to the side of the stage and told the guy that sat there to let them sing after the next group. The next group sang Don't let me down by chainsmokers. Resounding applause filled the air as they ended the song.

Timi and Uzo walked to the stage and the intro to Señorita by Camila cabello and Shawn Mendes came on. The intro ended and they song started.

🎶 I love it when you call me señorita
  I wish I could pretend I didn't need ya
But every touch is ooh la la la
It's true la la la
Ooh, I should be running
Ooh, you keep me coming for you

Timi came next singing Shawn Mendes's part.

Land in Miami
The air was hot from summer rain
Sweat dripping off me
Before I even knew her name, la la la
It felt like ooh la la la
Sapphire moonlight, we danced for hours in the sand
Tequila sunrise, her body feel right in my hands la la la
It felt like ooh la la la