TIMI'S POV
"Hello Uzo" I said and she looked up at me. Her eyes met mine and I couldn't help but smile. "Hey" she replied with a straight face and returned her attention to the textbook on her desk.

I stood there for a while and walked away when I realized I was attracting the attention of my classmates.

I walked outside the class and stood by the pillar. A hand around my shoulder made me look away from a fallen branch I didn't realize I had been staring at. I turned and my eyes were met with that of Peter.

"It's fine" he said squeezing my shoulders gently. I diverted my gaze "sure, she'll come around. She's probably just surprised" I shrugged.

"But guy! See how you just fresh. Man you look really good" he said and punched me lightly on my chest. "Come and gist me about your stay there" he said wiggling his brows at me and I just laughed.

Peter Davis had been my friend since primary school. He was the only one that knew what went on between Uzo and I before I left for the United States.

"Timi!" I heard a squeal and turned. Oh shit! She hugged me as soon as she got closer. "Timi, I've missed you so much. You didn't even bother to contact me. School has been really boring without you." She pouted.

"Dee I'm sorry" I chuckled. I couldn't bring myself to call her Uzo. That was another of my friends Uzodinma Anyawu.

"Sure, I can't stay mad at my baby boo" she cooed giggling.
"Senior Dinny, Mrs Olatunji is calling you" A junior student said standing a safe distance from her knowing what she's capable of. She turned to me "Timi I'll be back" she said giving me a brief hug and walked off.

Peter exhaled. "I don't like her one bit" He said with a frown on his face. "Come on, she's not that bad" I chuckled. "I don't care" he said and rolled his eyes. "Peter my guy" I teased wiggling my brows and we both burst into a fit of laughter.

    ~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~
UZO'S POV

I was in bed but I couldn't sleep. I rushed into bed as soon as I got back from night prep. Damola and Agatha had asked what the problem was but I told them everything is okay.

I was closer to Damola  because we were in the same class and hostel and we saw each other more often.

"Uzo" I heard Damola call and I closed my eyes immediately. "I know you're awake, just open your eyes" she said as she squatted so she could be at my level. I opened my eyes and looked at her. "Uzo, what's wrong? You haven't been yourself since this afternoon. You know you can tell me anything. Just tell me what the problem is and I'm going to try my beat to help you" she said loud enough to only my hearing.

"I'm fine Dammy, nothing is wrong. I'm not in the mood today" I sighed.
"Is it because of Terry J?"
I nodded my head and she smiled. "Don't worry, all will be well" she said.
"Just sleep now okay? Goodnight" she said and walked out of my corner.

"The guy is fresh oh" I heard Aisha one of the seniors in my corner say.
"I swear. And he's loaded" Folake added.
"Abeg, abeg,leave him for me. Leave my Timi oh" Edidiong another SS3 added.

Timi, Timi, Timi. That's all they are talking about. I groaned internally.

"See how she's claiming him. Have you forgotten he is your junior?" Aisha asked. "Does it matter? He's the main deal”

"How about your boyfriend Tochi?" One of them asked Edidiong.
"That one? Abeg  free me, that boy is just...."

I zoned out of their conversation lost in my own thoughts. My worst nightmare is now my reality. I couldn't hold back the tears that were gathered in my eyes.

                     *flashback*

"Where is Timmy?" I asked as soon as I left the clinic. She looked away. "Come on, why don't you tell me? Did he decide not to come and see me?"

"Chill out, He's not in the school premises" she replied. I paused "What do you mean by that?" I asked my brows creased.

"His dad came to pick him. It was very urgent"
"Why didn't you come to call me?" My sight blurred as a result of the tears welled up in my eyes.

"When is he coming back?" I asked looking up at her.
"I don't know but he's leaving the country" she said sitting down on a nearby block as soon as we got to our block.

"Leaving the country? Why?" I asked as a bead of tears ran down my right cheek.

"I don't think I can explain that"

"Did he leave anything for me?" I asked as another bead of tear ran down my cheek.

"No. But he wrote me a letter" she shrugged. "What did he say in the letter?"
"I've not read it. I came straight to call you as soon as he left."

"Okay can I see?" I asked. She shrugged and handed the piece of paper to me.

My Dearest,

I wished I had told you this earlier but I couldn't. Please pardon me. I do not feel anything for your friend. She's like a sister to me. I have noticed the way you look at is when we are together and I want you to know that my heart beats only for you.
       I'm going away today, but I want you to cherish all the memories we have. I promise you I'll be back before you know it. Make your friend understand that we were only friends and that's what we always be. Please take care of yourself and wait for me.
      When I return from the united states, we will talk about this properly. I love you so much.

                                     Yours in love,
                                      Timilehin.

I didn't realize I had been crying till I saw the piece of paper in my hands soaked in my tears. The paper fell to the ground making contact with the soft grass.

"Why are you crying?" She asked.

I cleaned my tears and ran away from the from her. Far away and only stopped when I got to the former music room which was now abandoned. I walked into the room and sat on the floor crying my eyes out.

           *End of flashback*

I pulled my blanket over my head and cried into the night as the pain felt as fresh as it did the day he left me.

Chapter seven out 💃💃💃

Messy chapter🤧

Timi broke poor Uzo's heart for her friend in the past. Who was that friend? And why did he come back?

BTW I changed the guy I used as Timi earlier and I also added Peter Davis because he is also going to play and important role in this book. Go over to the part for the cast and check them out.

Do well to vote and comment.

The drama is unfolding....you don't want your friends to miss out, now do you?

Do well to share this book.

See you in the next update.

Qhupid out 🐾🐾