Ch. 10

Harry's classes were extra hard after Sunday night. His mind kept drifting to Adam who hadn't texted him.
He thought about texting him first but decided against it.

It wasn't that he didn't want a nice boyfriend. He just didn't feel like he needed one and he was scared it would end in heartbreak.

Harry liked how things were for him right now, he didn't want to ruin it.

It was 2:46 pm when Harry arrived to his empty dorm. No sign of Louis though he knew he was probably at his walk through.

Harry sighed as he layed in bed not feeling in the "mood" to do a cam show anytime soon. But it didn't stop him from opening his laptop to at least see if anyone missed him.

And of course they did.

Harry scrolled through the 99+ comments and messages. He even got some donations while being unusually inactive.

Harry grabbed his ear buds, blasting music as he continued to go through and reply to some messages to keep his following engaged.

Harry sat up at the edge of his bed trying to pose for a picture. He huffed as he couldn't get a proper angle. He leaned back still trying till he saw Louis standing at his door.

Harry yanked his earbuds out and tossed his phone on the bed, his body instantly heating up with embarrassment.

"Whatcha doin'?" Louis said with a little smirk from "catching" Harry taking selfies. Harry glanced at his laptop before shutting it.

"Nothing, just- you know taking selfies." Louis eyed the laptop. 'Mmmkay' Louis hummed. He crossed his arms leaning on the door frame.

"So you ready then?" Louis said referring to them going out.

"Uh yeah, just let me change my shirt." Harry said and Louis left Harry to it.

-

Louis and Harry both picked Chipotle to eat since it was close to campus. They ordered and sat down awkwardly eating together. Harry had mixed feelings about his roommate.
On one hand he was pretty nice from their few interactions, but on the other he was slightly stand off-ish.

"So how was your orientation?" Harry said trying to start conversation.

Louis chewed and swallowed his burrito before saying, "It went well, the campus is pretty big.." Harry slouched at the dry reply, expecting more.

"Do you have any friends that go here?" Louis shrugged.

"Just two close ones and a few mutuals. Mainly came cause my girlfriend, Eleanor, is here." He said taking a bite. Harry thought about the girl he saw the other night with Louis.
Must've been her.

"That's cool.. How long have you been together?"

"Two years this year actually." Harry nodded and continued eating his burrito bowl. "Do you have a boyfriend or something?" Louis said shifting uncomfortably in his seat.

Harry shook his head, "No not really looking for a relationship.." was all he said cause his phone buzzed on the table.

He read Adam on the screen and quickly grabbed his phone while Louis just watched and ate.

3:57 pm
From Adam
Hey! Wanted to know if you'd like to go out with me this weekend? :)

Harry took a deep breath before typing.

3:58
To Adam
i'd love to!

Harry mentally face palmed as he hit send. He hadn't been on a proper date in a while, he let the moment of someone asking him get to him.

"Who's that?" Louis said with a mouthful of food.

"Just this guy I met at the party last night." Louis perked up a little bit, listening in more.

"Oh? Thought you weren't 'looking for a relationship' or something?" He quoted.

Harry groaned leaning back in his chair.
"I'm not but- I don't know. I hate to admit that I've been single for a little while.. I may as well give this a go." Louis sipped his soda then leaned forward with his forearms on the table.

"Sure, surprised you're single." Louis said catching Harry off guard.

"Why?"

Louis thought for a moment before shaking his head, "I don't know, you seem cool." He said.

Cool. Harry thought.

They brushed passed the topic of dating and continued making small talk till they decided to head back to their dorm.

—✰—

just want to say that this story takes place in California. I can't be bothered to write about the UK when I don't know too too much about it.
Especially when it comes to restaurants and local known things ya know? idk