7

"AWWWWWWWWW!" Jimin squealed as Hoseok met him in the park with his dog.

"I brought Mickey!" Hoseok beamed letting the dog run up to Jimin. 

Jimin bent down to pet Mickey. "He smiles! Just like you!" 

"He must like you then. He usually only smiles for my sister. Most of the time he looks like he's going through an existential crisis." Hoseok sighed sitting down on the grass. 

Jimin smiled and sat down next to him. "He's cute though. And you're cute too. You are both amazing. I'm so glad you're my soulmate." Jimin hummed.

He hadn't told Hoseok about the phone call he had received. Frankly, he himself wasn't sure how to react. The person he met in Daegu clearly thought that Jimin was his soulmate but that couldn't be right.

Could it?

He had Hoseok... And there wasn't any doubt that they were soulmates... It was pretty obvious the first time they met. 

And they were happy... That's all that matters. 

Yoongi sighed thinking about what Taehyung said. More specifically about his soulmate. Even more specifically about going to Busan to find said soulmate. One half of his brain was telling him that if he did find his soulmate he'd look like a crazy stalker and he should stick to calls. The other side was screaming at him telling him to go to Busan and find his soulmate and fight for him like a glorious kdrama.

It was needless to say which side of him won as Yoongi sat down on a train with earbuds in listening to music. He hadn't visited Busan since he was around five years old. And in his current adult state of mind, he was praying a zombie apocalypse didn't break out.  

Besides what was the chance he'd find Jimin today? Barely anything... Maybe he should give up... Go back to Daegu... Well, he's made it this far. He'd invested this much time already... Might as well go through with it. 

Yoongi could see his red hoodie becoming more vibrant each passing minute. Would we find Jimin?

Hoseok smiled watching Jimin play with Mickey. The two looked so happy together. He loved them both. He loved his soulmate, his dog, his family, his job. Everything just felt so right in life and he wondered how he got so lucky in the first place. 

Nothing could change how happy he was

The only thing is that just when everything falls into place... Life finds a way to screw everything up again. 

Jimin noticed how the yellow on the fall leaves were becoming brighter. He shrugged thinking nothing of it. He didn't think it mattered because ultimately Yoongi was back in Daegu. And he had Hoseok. That's all that matters.

That's all that matters. 

He felt a small pain in his chest as he told himself those words. But that was all that mattered. Right? Him. His soulmate. And his happiness. 

He kept saying that to himself until he heard the crunching of leaves as an all too familiar person approached. 

Yoongi had gotten off the train and followed how bright the red color of his hoodie was. It took him a while to figure out but he eventually got to a park not too far from the train station. As he skimmed through the pedestrians at the park he didn't see anyone he recognized. 

Or so he thought. 

He saw a particular blonde haired male playing with a dog, to what Yoongi assumed to be his friend. 

Nope. That couldn't be Jimin. He couldn't be that lucky right? Well, maybe fate was on his side. It couldn't hurt to get a closer look. And as he neared the pair he was becoming more and more certain that it was Jimin. 

He watched Jimin and his friend for a while unsure if he should approach or not. Yoongi looked up at the grey sky. He already came this far. He can't lose much more, can he? 

So that's what he did he approached the pair. He saw Jimin's head jerk up to meet him in the eyes. A small flash of fear and guilt across his face. 

"Who are you?" 

Yoongi looked over to Jimin's friend who had just spoken up.

And that's when he saw it. 

The sky wasn't grey at all. It was blue. 

A brilliant light blue. 

And the grass...

The grass wasn't a dead muted brown.

It was the deepest green.

The realization wasn't nearly as dramatic as when he met Jimin. But it was there. 

Yoongi didn't know what to think. Why did this happen again? What the hell? 

The male tilted his head in confusion. Unlike Jimin when they first met, he seemed to sense something was different right away. "Who are you?" He asked again.

"I'm Yoongi. I um... I met Jimin in Daegu. And I came here to find him because I thought he was my soulmate." Yoongi told still trying to wrap his head around what happened. 

The male tilted his head. "But that's impossible. Jimin and I are already soulmates." 

The sentence hit Yoongi like a ton of bricks. He got it... Jimin wasn't denying that they were soulmates because he didn't like Yoongi. He was saying it because that's what he genuinely thought. Because this person... That Yoongi kept thinking was Jimin's friend. Was actually his soulmate. 

They knew each other before Yoongi came into the picture. That's what hurt most of all. This whole thing was terrible and fucked up. Yoongi really thought that Jimin was his soulmate. But he had a soulmate already. 

How Yoongi was connected to them he had no idea. But he couldn't just wiggle his way into a pre-existing relationship... He saw how happy they were together. They both deserved to be happy. Even if it meant he wasn't.

But at least traveling to Busan wasn't a complete waste. Yoongi got closure. On why Jimin was acting the way he was. That part of his brain telling him to fight was no longer there. Only a sorry acceptance of little understanding. 

Why was he connected to these people if they already had each other? 

He went from having no soulmate. To having one soulmate. To having two soulmates. To having no soulmate. 

They had each other. 

Yoongi nodded quietly and left.

~

I'll be writing at least 2000 words worth of fanfiction every day but then bitch about having to write a 1000 word assignment. Like damn summer school ends in like 9 days. What am I going to do in July? Start making candles or something?

And idk what's going on with school in the fall because, summer classes are online so my girlfriend is good, but she might have to leave me again and go back to her college. But like idk if they'll open the dorms but she can't drive like 8 hours every day and keep living with me (As much as I want her to) But if the dorms aren't open then she's going to have to get an apartment or something??? So uhhhh :)