Story Notes

Now that the book is completed I thought I'd share my writing process with you guys!

So I started with the base colors for the rainbow. Red. Orange. Yellow. Green. Blue. Indigo. Violet. Then shortened it to. Red. Orange. Yellow. Green. Blue. Purple. 

Because it's divisible by three. And we spell it colors instead of colours in America. Even though having it colours would mean that there would be a letter for each color of the rainbow- 

Then I divided it up amongst the members. 

Jimin: Red & Orange

Hoseok: Green & Blue

Yoongi: Yellow and Purple

Taekook: (Tae: Red) (Jungkook: Blue)

"Red and blue always makes Purple" {I purple you}

Namjin: Green

I wrote down their location for where they were from because the location was pretty important.

Jimin and Jugkook: Busan

Yoongi and Taehyung: Daegu

Hoseok: Gwangju - Busan

Namjin: Seoul

Next was actual chapter mapping! And the very first idea I had for chapter mapping looked like this. 

Taehyung- Daegu > Seoul

Jungkook- Busan (DOSM: Death of Soulmate) > Blind > Seoul > Not Blind

Jimin - Busan > Meets Hoseok > Trip to Daegu > Meets Yoongi > Leaves back to Busan > Yoongi leaves to Seoul > Hoseok follows Yoongi > Jimin follows Hoseok > Finally together! 

I wanted the story to start with jihope as most of the yoonminseok stories start with sope or yoonmin because those are two popular ships. 

Jihope goes fast at the beginning because the purpose of the story wasn't about JUST finding your soulmate like my other AU's. Because it's not hypothetical like there are many options about who your soulmate is. The moment they enter your life you see color. It's not the first touch or getting to know them over time. Soulmate = BAM COLOR

The point of the story was the fact they hadn't found Yoongi yet and that something was wrong because he wasn't there. And how they would work with a polyamory relationship. Which had hardly been heard of in their world. And was seen as someone cheating on their soulmate. 

Polyamory soulmate couples DID exist, it's revealed at the end of the book when Yoongi and Namjoon advocate for all different types of love for soulmates. Because the polyamory soulmate couples were now openly being accepted so they felt safe to come out and be more widely known. 

The children of the orphanage also imply that THERE ARE MANY MANY other scenarios about seeing color. But it isn't common. No one talks about it because it's taboo.

It was also important to me that I had at least 1 blind character. Because I knew the question like "What happens if your soulmate dies? What happens if you are blind?" etc would come up. And I was also just generally wanting to write a blind character and learn about how they 'see' the world.