8

Yoongi sighed kicking at the ground. Maybe he really was destined to be alone. Taehyung would eventually find his soulmate. So when he joked about being destined as a third wheel... Now he wasn't joking. Because to him, that's exactly what he was. 

A third wheel.

An addition to a pre-existing relationship that didn't need to be there. 

Taehyung bit his cheek. He didn't know what to say to his friend. I mean who has heard of two soulmates? At the same time? Some people never even met one soulmate and here Yoongi is with two. 

What made it worse was that the other two were already in a relationship, and generally, unless you are a shitty person, you don't mess with other people's relationships. But could Yoongi's situation really be classified as 'other people's relationships'? Because technically he was involved with them. 

Taehyung continued to ponder before realizing his friend was no longer walking beside him. Looking over his shoulder he saw the older standing outside of the animal shelter, adoption fair banners still posted out front. 

"I'm going in," Yoongi told, because maybe if he had a furry companion he wouldn't feel as lonely. 

"WAIT FOR ME! I want a dog too!" Taehyung smiled running over to Yoongi before they both entered the shelter. 

"A dog really?" Yoongi questioned. "I was thinking of a cat. They are quite and independent. Sleep most of the day."

"You sound like you are describing yourself," Taehyung told as he waved at the employee. Taehyung cooed at all the cute dogs in the kennels. "Dogs are fun! You can take them on walks! And play with them in the park!" 

"Yeah but I don't like going outside." Yoongi scrunched up his nose. 

"Well then maybe having a doggy can help you change your vampire-like tendencies." Taehyung hummed bending down as a fleet of small dogs ran up to him, trying to lick his fingers through the fence. 

Yoongi sighed watching his friend. "No, I think I'll take a cat thanks." 

Taehyung waved a worker over to open one of the kennels. He sat on the floor and giggled as a group of puppies came out and tried to lick his face. Taehyung laughed again as he grabbed a toy a threw it watching them all rush to be the first to get it. However, one dog stayed on his lap. A small black and brown Pomeranian with his tongue poking out looking up into his eyes. 

"Oh hi!" Taehyung said picking the small fluffy dog up. "You're cute. You seem to like me too!" He smiled as the dog let out a small yip and tried to lick Taehyung's nose. "I think I'll take this one!" 

Yoongi rolled his eyes at the happy pair. "Great now I wanna look at-" Yoongi didn't get to finish his sentence as he spotted a dog in the very back of the kennel. This dog didn't run out and bark like the others. Instead, he looked rather lonely in the back of the cage. Yoongi shuffled over to the dog holding his hand in front of his snout. 

The dog raised it's head and gave Yoongi a few licks. The brown poodle looking into Yoongi's eyes while tilting its head. Earning access right to Yoongi's heart. 

"Alright, I think we're done here." Yoongi proudly announced as he ran his finger's through the dog's curly fur. 

Taehyung raised an eyebrow at the older. "Really? After all that talk about wanting a cat?" 

"This is an exception." Yoongi excused. The dog seemed to understand that he was being adopted and got up to follow it's new owner around. The dog seeming to smile as he yipped happily. 

After the long adoption process of signing papers, the two Daegu boys walked out of the shelter with the dogs on a leash beside them. Taehyung then decided it was a great day to take them to the park. 

Yoongi sighed as he plopped himself on the grass. Holly, the name of the dog he just adopted, nudged a tennis ball with his nose. Silently begging for Yoongi to throw it. Yoongi picked it up and threw the ball, cracking a small smile as he watched the dog excitedly chase after it. 

Holly brought the ball back but refused to give it back to Yoongi, deciding to lay down on the grass and chew on it instead. 

Yoongi petted his companions head. "The shelter told me you were an owner surrender... Is that why you looked so lonely?" Holly didn't respond and only kept chewing the ball. "Well, I'm lonely too. I guess we can keep each other company." 

Holly wagged his tail and licked Yoongi's hand. 

"Taehyung will find his soulmate one day... But my soulmate... Or soulmates... Are already together." Yoongi sighed. "They were already happy without me... Do you think your old owners are happy?" 

Holly tilted his head at Yoongi, not understanding what the human was rambling to him about. 

"I thought I didn't like dogs but you're pretty great Holly," Yoongi told as the dog wagged his tail. "I don't know how someone could give you up. But you'll stay with me forever."

Yoongi looked over to where Taehyung was trying to train Yeontan to jump through his arms. "I'm not sure what to do about my future Holly. Nothing is left for me in Daegu." Yoongi muttered, of course, he loved Daegu as it was where he grew up. Yet he felt like he needed a change. Too many painful memories resided here...

"HEY! TAEHYUNG!" Yoongi called making the younger jerk his head in Yoongi's direction. "WE SHOULD MOVE TO SEOUL!" 

Taehyung jogged over to Yoongi. "What makes you say that? Are you just feeling spontaneous?" 

Yoongi shrugged, truly not knowing the answer. "I just... Need a change. Daegu is great but, I need something new. Something fresh." 

"You know when most people are having a mental breakdown and feeling spontaneous, they dye their hair or get a tiny tattoo on their ankle. Not adopt a dog and move to a different city." Taehyung hummed. 

Yoongi shrugged again. "Dyeing my hair doesn't sound too bad. But I'm serious... I don't think I can live here in Daegu anymore." 

"Alright."

"Alright?"

"Sure. Let's move to Seoul." 

~

I grew up with so many animals. Like a crapload of dogs, a few cats, twelve chickens, frogs, a turtle, and I road horses but we didn't own any. My first sentence was "Stop licking me now." Because my dogs kept trying to lick the food off my face. And I'd train them with cheerios.  

What pets do you have? If you don't have any, do you want any?