Sweet Sorrow 8

Chapter 8

My hands were shaking and my heart is beating so fast that I swallowed so hard, I was standing in front of the glass door of a cafe shop near our school.

And as I was looking at the woman sitting alone inside, my lips tremble. Calixta glimpse at her phone, maybe to see a notification. Then afterwards, she looked at her wristwatch.

She's waiting for me. Actually, earlier this morning she called me, to ask if we can talk. I don't know what has gotten on me to agreed easily. But, I was thinking, we didn't did anything bad to each other for me to avoid her. Still, my emotion was out of control. I can't contain the feeling I was feeling inside, but I can't find a reason to hate her. I just can't.

I breathed heavily, then push the door. At the moment where I stepped inside, Calixta turn her head to where am I and wave her hand to me. I didn't response and just head to where she is and sat at the chair across her's.

Pagkatapos kunin ng waitress ang order namin, we became silent. Until, Calixta broke it.

"Thank you. For coming out to see me."

Tiningnan ko ang kabuuan niya. I heard that she was already 3 months pregnant. At Kapansin-pansin naman ito sa tiyan niya. Nakasuot siya ng isang blouse na tinernuhan niya ng mahabang palda.

She smiled at me, which I responded with a smile too.

"Hailey..  I... T-the truth is," she sighed, saka pinagsaklop ang dalawang kamay at ibinaba ito sa mga binti niya. " I don't have the courage to face you today. And that I'm so ashamed of myself for having the guts to call you."

Saglit siyang tumigil, I can see how nervous she was, marahil dahil sa kawalan ko ng imik kanina pa. I nod my head the she continued.

"Hailey, I'm indebted to you for so many thing. And I want to say that I'm really grateful for it. For siding with me when Maddison bullied me."

"Your welcome." tipid kong sagot sa kaniya. Ilang sandali pa, dumating ang order namin. Sinubukan kong ibuhos ang atensyon ko sa inuming nasa harap ko. Pero nagsalita ulit si Calixta.

"Actually, Hailey...  I called  you here to talk about Deon." and by mentioning that name, Napatigil ako sa kunwaring ginagawa ko..  She looked at me with a sullen eyes. That means, she needs my full attention.

"Of all the people I know, and who knows me, you're the only one whom I'm sure that will understand me. Please Hailey..  I know you have at least a hundred question to me..  But, please let me explain everything to you. Kahit na ikaw man lang malaman ang totoo. Tungkol sa amin ni Deon, ni Kyle na fiancee ko at tungkol sa pagbubuntis ko. Please do me this favor."

Nagsusumamo ang mga mata niya..  This is the first time na mag-uusap kami ng masinsinan ni Calixta. Dahil nung kunin ko sa kaniya ang Date bucket list ni Deon, hindi nagtagal ng kahit sampung minuto ang naging pag-uusap namin.

"I'm all ears."

"Deon.. Well, he and I was already done. When, Kyle came into the picture, tapos na kami ni Deon. Actually, last semester pa. Break na kami. I ended it. I'm at fault. I fall out of love." 
Her voice toned down as she gulped down, I studied her features and she's really nervous. I felt bad for her, but I know we have to be mature enough and just try to listen first with each other. Her gaze reaches me, it's like going through my soul to relay a message. So I had no choice but to remain silent and let her continue. I couldn't be more shocked. Deon has never told me this before. For almost 2 months being together, he never mentioned this to me.

"Alam ko sa sarili ko that, as days pass by, I was slowly falling out of love. I care about Deon too, kaya sinabi ko sa kaniya ang totoo. I know that I'll be hurting him if I broke up with him pero ayokong lokohin ang sarili ko na maayos pa kami. That's why,.. We broke up. No. Actually, I plead him to end our failing relationship."