Chapter forty-four | Googling Date Ideas

I stared up at the bland ceiling as a permanent smile rested on my face. I was acting crazy, but I didn't mind one bit.

Leaning up from my bed, I turned my eyes towards his window. The curtains drawn together, hide my view from his room.

Now I want to know what he is doing? Is that creepy? Heck yes!

I pouted and picked up my phone. A sigh slipped past my lips as the time displayed read quarter past five.

My dress for the date and everything else was ready. With the date scheduled at seven, I had plenty of time on my hands.

My nerves were going wild with anticipation as the expectations and thoughts of the very first date filled my mind.

Yes, Cynthia Crimson, the school head cheerleader with many male admirers (not being conceit), had never been on a date. I had fooled around with many boys in the past, but they never deemed me special enough to go out on a date.

Hang out with friends. Yes. An actual proper date. Never.

I crashed back on the soft mattress as thoughts swirled my mind. The events from the day today at school filled my thoughts, making a grin brighten my face.

I giggled like a middle schooler who just had her first kiss.

A sharp gasp escaped me as my room door flew open. With eyes wide, I quickly got up from my bed as my sister stomped into the room.

"What the fuck is this?" she hissed as she threw her phone towards me.

I grasped the phone just in time to save it from a dangerous fate. My sister was too angry to care about her phone at the moment. I brought the screen closer and focused on the screenshot of an  Instagram post.

Someone had tagged my sister on the picture of Eli and me kissing in the school parking lot. The caption read 'Crimson, your sister is fucking a nerd. Such low standards'.

I cringed at first and then scowled. Who the fuck this girl was? How could she call Eli low standard? Rage bubbled through me wildly.

"You were his so-called friend. I was fine. But now it is after my fucking reputation. You are ruining it!" she hissed, making me roll my eyes.

Of course, it was just a reputation for her. The only thing that my sister loved the most was reputation.

"Who the fuck I date doesn't harm your reputation, Lea. I will date Eli, and that's final." My words were bitter, but that is how it was between us.

She took a menacing step towards me. "Yes, it matters. You are supposed to follow the rules, or I will ruin your fucking high school life."

Her threat was nothing new for me, making anger seep my pores. "I am not following your fucking rules. If you want to, ruin my school life. I don't care!" I bellowed, matching her heated gaze. "I fucking stopped caring when you started bullying me for something I didn't play any part in. Mom's depression wasn't my fault!"