Ⅶ. [ℕ𝕒𝕞𝕖]'𝕤 𝔽𝕚𝕣𝕤𝕥 𝕄𝕚𝕤𝕤𝕚𝕠𝕟!

✵✧✶

Continuation, Third Person POV...

Leopold grins at [Name]. "Ready to go? We have to go meet the captain, my brother, in order to receive our mission." [Name] gives a nod, already feeling the nerves of going onto her first mission. Her hands shake in anticipation.

Leopold leads the way to Fuegoleon's office. Their base is so large. If [Name] were without a guide, she would no doubt get lost. Give me a week or two. I'll be able to walk this place blindfolded. [Name] shivers. I wonder what the mission is...

Meanwhile, Fuegoleon is pacing inside his office. Could it really be her? Leopold probably doesn't realize, so I can't ask him. But... Fuegoleon pauses, trying to calm his racing thoughts. That would be impossible. He concludes. Leopold suddenly bursts into his office, [Name] in tow.

"Leopold, you're supposed to knock. Mind your manners," the captain wastes no time reprimanding his brother. "But, it's good that you're here. I'll get straight to the point." Fuegoleon pulls out a map. "There have been bandits ransacking villages. They are searching for something called 'magic stones'. After they take these stones, they kill off all of the villagers." [Name] can barely hold her gasp of surprise, her mana simmering in anger.

"As far as we know, their next target is..."

✵✧✶

"Saussy Village," [Name] and Leopold have already arrived at the village hidden in the mist. She inhales sharply, feeling a strong killing intent from the village. "Sir, something is wrong." They start to sprint and [Name] hears a familiar yell. She puts it to the back of her mind for now and puts the village first.

Leopold tugs her sleeve harshly. "C'mon, you were right. We have to go to the village. It might be the bandits." [Name] nods as she spreads her mana around. With that, she can see how many there are.

"Sir Leopold, I feel two mana signatures up ahead. The others are all in the village. Almost all are huddled together. There are three-no four mages together. Those must be the bandits!" [Name] says while running with Leopold. "One of the villagers-" she holds back a fresh wave of anger and bloodlust. "Is dying..." Leopold only quickens his pace to the village, using mana to help.

By the time they reach the village, a path has already been cut to the middle. Asta, [Name] sighs in relief. They follow the path and find another Magic Knights Squad: The rowdiest of the bunch, Black Bulls. A black-haired boy and Asta were yelling at the four mages, a silver-haired girl stands with the villagers and a little boy was shaking an old man.

Springing into action, [Name] quickly goes to heal the old man. She curses. The other villagers are injured too... Damnit, can't they just take the stupid stones and go?

Copy Magic: Bubble Refresher.

Looking up from the old man and not breaking her flow of mana, [Name] looks at the ongoing fight. She hears faint words before the man with the stopwatch attacks again. Before it could hit anyone, Asta cuts through it.

"Those people are the ones I have to protect!" [Name] smiles despite the situation. It'll be just fine with us here. A cough brings her attention back down.

"G-Grandpa?" The little boy next to him tearfully says. [Name] smiles warmly.

"He's just fine, see? Are you hurt?" She moves closer to him, checking for injuries.

"[Name], dear, what are you doing here?"

First Person POV...

No... No, no, no. It can't be. It can't be them... Turning around only confirms my fears. Tears of anger gather in my eyes. "My name should not be spoken by you, you wretch."