Blissfully

Blissfully - bliss·ful·ly - /ˈblisfəlē/

1. in a manner characterized by extreme happiness or joy

2. in a way that provides perfect happiness or great joy

3. in a way that shows a lack of knowledge or understanding of something bad

There was a beat of silence before cheers erupted and deafening howls filled the clearing. Everyone celebrated except for Odessa. She felt a pull in the direction Alec left and a void in her chest. Instead of smiling and cheering, she frowned and remained silent. It felt like a part of her was missing, a part she had no idea was there in the first place. She couldn't fathom why something so trivial would appear in conjunction with the Volturi's presence. She was so lost in thought that she hadn't registered the small body next to her.

"What's wrong, Odessa?" Renesmee asked as she tugged on Odessa's hand. Odessa glanced down and pursed her lips. She sighed and gave Renesmee a shaky smile.

"Nothing is wrong. I am happy everything turned out okay for you," Odessa said. Carlisle and Esme walked up to her and engulfed her in a hug. She cringed from the contact and pulled away from their arms. Esme continued smiling at her, nonetheless.

"Thank you for all of your help," Esme said gratefully.

"Yes, thank you, Odessa. I assume you will be returning home?" Carlisle asked.

"Yes, although I do have some other business to attend to first," Odessa said as her eyes lingered towards Nahuel.

"Of course," Carlisle said. "It was a pleasure meeting you."

Odessa nodded her head in reply.

"If there's anything you need, don't hesitate to ask," Esme said. Odessa nodded once again before she departed from them and walked over to Nahuel and his aunt, Huilen. They were talking to Edward, Bella, and Renesmee, and when she approached, they turned to face her. Seeing Renesmee with her family caused an ache to build within her chest. She never grew up with the kind of love Renesmee was growing up with. She was happy the child wasn't deprived of it as she had been, but at the same time, she resented the girl. If only she had been lucky enough to be born into such a loving family. She smiled weakly in their direction before she addressed Bella and Edward.

"I have some things to discuss with Nahuel," she informed them.

"We understand," Edward said with a tight-lipped smile. "Thank you for everything."

"I couldn't let my favorite hybrid die, now, could I?" Odessa asked amusedly. She pulled Renesmee into her side, giving her a hug and rustling her hair.

"Are you leaving?" Renesmee asked.

"This will be the last time you see me in a while," Odessa confirmed.

"You'll visit, right?"

"I do not know when I will be able to see you next," she confessed, "but I will visit as soon as possible."

Renesmee motioned for her to kneel and hugged Odessa, who wrapped her arms around the small hybrid. They stayed connected for some time before Odessa pulled back and rubbed the girl's arms in a comforting motion. Bella placed a hand on Renesmee's shoulders and pulled her back.

"Take care," Bella said.

"You, too. Try not to place the child in any more danger," Odessa said snarkily. Once Edward and Bella left, she addressed Nahuel.

"It seems we are siblings," she said nervously. Standing in front of him, she realized she was about the same height as him. His eyes were warm, and he didn't hold any hostility towards her at all. She wondered if being apart from Joham had allowed Nahuel to grow up without a skewed view on the world. He didn't seem as bitter or as duped as Odessa was.