Chapter || 40

«FEW MOMENTS AGO»

Jimin pulled open his door only to freeze when he saw Jungkook standing there, eyes filled with guilt that shadowed his dark circles, hair ruffled greasily, eyes swollen.

"Hey." Jungkook greeted, his voice coarse.

He didn't look like he was in a good shape.

"Hey." Jimin replied morosely, moving a little for Jungkook to come in.

Jungkook walked in hesitantly, taking a place on the oak looking couch perched in Jimin's place.

"I'm just here to talk about a few things." Jungkook said.

"I know."

"First of all, I wanna start with saying sor—"

"I like you."

Hell! that was quick!

Jungkook froze, the air in his lungs knocked out. He stared at Jimin sitting opposite to him, staring at him with his auburn eyes.

"W-what?" Jungkook squeaked out.

"I like you. I have feelings for you."

"But-but Taehyung."

"I like him too...I guess."

Now Jungkook blinked profusely.

"Look, Jungkook." Jimin started, pinning Jungkook with firm eyes. "I'm a fool if I pick one of you over the other. I can't. I tried it once and look where it ended. Yes, the recent events hurt me but it also made me think and realise. Taehyung didn't tell me he was a pornactor because he liked me. You got angry he didn't tell because you liked me. And i can't do this anymore, hiding my feelings."

Jimin leaned closer, his eyes turning more intense.

"And I can't hurt myself anymore, by forcing myself to choose one of you."

Jungkook gulped, looking surprised.

"Wow." he breathed out.

"You like me?" Jimin asked.

Jungkook lifted his head up, staring deeper into Jimin's mahogany crafted eyes that were seated perfectly below his golden brown hair.

Jungkook nodded.

"That's all I need to know." Jimin said and hopped off his seat, crouching down to cup Jungkook's face, kissing him hard. Jungkook was frozen for a nick second, genuinely frozen. But then he slowly kissed back, making Jimin's heart pound. Before he could insert his tongue, Jimin pulled away.

"You like Taehyung?" Jimin asked, his cold breaths hitting Jungkook's nose.

"No." Jungkook mumbled out.

Jimin rose a brow.

"Well, I don't know. You said you liked Taehyung and you can't pick me over him. I like you and I can't lose you." Jungkook said.

Jimin bit on his rotund lower lip, suppressing his smile.

"So you willing to share me with Taehyung or just leave me?"

Jungkook stared at Jimin, sighing.

"I don't know."

But he was going to try. Try not to let go of Jimin.