Thirty Five

"Quiet!"

"Quiet!"

The chatter immediately dies down, all eyes turning to Sam - who stands in front of the fireplace. He looks stressed. First it was the thing with Renesmee, and now this. "Whether we like it or not, there's an army coming. We need to prepare."

"Why do we have to do anything?" Jared scoffs, Paul nodding along with him. "They're not coming for us, they're coming for the Cullens. Let them get their asses kicked."

Jared is smirking, but I can see pass the facade he's putting up. He's scared. Scared that we'll be the ones getting our asses kicked if we fight the Volturi. "This isn't about that. Renesmee is one of us now. And we will protect her like we protect the other imprints." That wipes the smirk off Jared's lips. "Over the next few weeks, more vampires will be arriving in Forks. They will know not to feed here, but with their arrival we need to prepare for new shifters. I don't know who, but each of you needs to be ready for that time to come. For now on, it's all hands on deck."

~~~~~

Paul and I stand away from the group. Over the last few days, the Cullens have managed to gather quite a few witnesses. Their cousins from Alaska; Amun, Kebi, and Benjamin from Egypt; Senna and Zafrina from the Amazon; Garrett, a friend of Dr. Cullen's; the Irish coven Siobhan, Liam, and Maggie; Peter - an old friend of Jasper - and his mate Charlotte; and Alistair.

A few of them have gifts. Zafrina can make anyone see whatever she wanted them to and Benjamin can influence the elements.

Watching Benjamin twirl a small tornado in Renesmee's hand, I can't help but smile. "That's pretty dope."

A few heads turn at the sound of Paul's voice, one vampire in particular coming our way. "And you two are?"

"These are our friends, Garrett." Dr. Cullen is the one to speak. I wouldn't call us friends. "Paul is a member of the wolf pack in La Push, and Caroline is a banshee. They have helped us many times."

Garrett snaps his eyes to me. "A banshee? What can you do?" Paul squeezes my hand before stepping back; the Cullens, Leah, Seth, and Jacob doing the same. Garret quirks a brow and opens his mouth to say something, but I cut him off with a scream. He flies backwards a few feet before crashing onto his back. Groaning, he sits up and stares at me for a few seconds before smirking. "Well, alright then."

Paul and I spend another hour here talking with Leah and Seth before leaving to his house. With his dad gone at work, we have the place to ourselves.

"You know what that means?" Paul wiggles his eyebrows flirtatiously.

I bite my lip and step closer, running one hand up his chest while I hook a finger from the other in the loop of his belt. Standing on my toes to be eye level with him, I let my lips hover over his. His breath hitches when mine brush over his for the slightest moment before finally crashing together.

His hands cup my cheeks, fingers sliding into my hair. Placing both my hands on his chest, I push him until his back hits a wall and press myself against him. He smirks against my mouth, hands tracing down my body until they reach the hem of my shirt.

Just as his fingers begin to raise my shirt, I pull away. "You're right. We should totally rewatch The Karate Kid." And I walk down the hall to his bedroom

"What the-" Paul groans. "Tease!" I laugh loudly, laying down on his bed and making myself comfortable.

I hear him enter the room a minute later, expecting him to have the movie. But what I don't expect is for his hands to latch onto my ankles and pull me to the edge of the bed.

"Paul!" I squeal as I sit up to look at him. "You little-"

I'm cut off by his lips pressing to mine once again, his hands placed on either side of me. The warmth from his body only adds to the fiery passion between us. My hands hook around his neck, pulling him down with me as I lay against the bed.

Detaching our lips, Paul rolls onto his back, wrapping his arms around my waist to hold me against him. I snuggle my face into his neck and sigh. "Cyhiraeth told you about the battle, didn't she? That's why you're helping the Cullens." I nod wordlessly. "Something bad is going to happen." He's not asking, he knows.

"I'm not going to let anything happen to you." Never.

"And I'm not going to let anything happen to you." He places a delicate finger on my chin and lifts my face until our eyes meet. "Caroline, I can't lose you. I won't lose you. Please be smart about this."

I nod, reaching out my hand to stroke his cheek. "Where you go, I go. We fight together."

"Always."

I finished Cobra Kai and like what the hell