XLVI

"It's not working well..." The two waiters watched Myth and you converse happily from afar, their eyes narrowing in anxiety. The female scratched her head, not too sure on how they could further ruin the evening. Her brown eyes drifted over to her co-worker. "I hope you laid on thick with your flirting. We have to make him snap and cause a scene. They'll be kicked out if that works."

"Of course—" the male scoffed as he polished a few metal spoons and knives, pocketing a few of the knives as potential weapons — just in case. The female soon joined him once she started receiving dirty stares from their boss for not working. "Flirting with (Y/n) comes naturally to me, Hannah."

"That's good, Walter. Now how about we bring them their wrong dishes?" Hannah hummed, a mischievous grin making its way to her lips. Walter laughed before he shook his head, having an even better idea. The brunet chuckled ominously, his sudden influx in strength bending the metal fork accidentally. Hannah huffed and rolled her eyes at him. "You're so petty sometimes."

"No no, Logan will be much angrier if we only bring (Y/n) her food." Walter's grey eyes gleamed sadistically from under his brown bangs as he bent the fork back into its original shape.

"You really don't like that guy, huh?" Hannah chuckled, continuing to eye the two couples from afar. They had a mission here; they wouldn't fail. "I mean, understandable. I don't like how they're both simping — especially that guy who wants to suck up to Mistress. But one thing is clear: All of us be simping for (Y/n)."

"Hmph, of course I don't like that liar," Walter huffed as he aggressively threw the restored fork to the others. Hannah nodded along, a teasing glint in her ordinary brown eyes.

"Someone's jealous~?" she taunted, nudging his side playfully. A scowl made its way to Walter's normally relaxed face; his breath hitched slightly. "I mean... you've had your chance, but you didn't—"

"Don't remind me, you sly cat." He sighed, glaring at his co-worker. "I didn't have a chance anyway; I should just—"

"You two, shut up! You're not being paid to babble all the time," their boss, an elderly woman, hissed as she appeared behind them. Her aged eyes narrowed when both waiter's jumped at her sudden appearance. Both scurried off after shooting each other a confirming nod; they'd fulfil their assigned mission.

"I can't remember the last time we had so much fun." You laughed, a genuine smile etched onto your lips. Although the flirtatious waiter had been gone for at least an hour, you two weren't really bothered at all. Having used the time to catch up on old memories and what had happened, the atmosphere became much looser and casual. Myth nodded with a little smile as his finger traced the rim of his glass.

"You know, this reminds me of the sleepovers we had all the time when we were younger," Myth muttered, his green eyes fondly looking into your (E/c) oceans of happiness. You nodded, mind drifting off to a time when things were much easier than this mess you had gotten yourself entangled into. But as you looked back, you realised how far you had come. With a little nudge, Myth pulled you out of your dreams. "When my dad used to make pancakes for us every morning! You loved those."

"Hmm, those were delicious." You nodded as you leant your head against your palm, elbow resting on the wooden surface of the table. From afar, a certain waiter was put off as to why you two weren't questioning why your food hadn't arrived yet. He sighed dramatically before walking off into the kitchen, deciding it would be a good idea to go pick up your food.

"And do you remember how we used to always go to that playground every afternoon when we were still in elementary school?" Myth asked with his lips curled up into a genuine smile. For once, the mad monster inside of him was truly cowering in the corner, defeated for a good while. The male desperately hoped the demon wouldn't come back tenfold stronger later on though, or else everyone would be in for a ride. A soft sigh escaped his lips. "Those were the times..."