LIV

"Why are you always locking your windows, (Y/n)—" Myth huffed as he easily balanced his weight on the narrow window board outside of your apartment. Nimble fingers struggling with the strong lock attached to the frame of the window, a strained huff escaped his lips. The sun's glistening reflection in the glass blinded him slightly and taunted his already annoyed eyes. "I just wanna—"

His eyes widened in surprise once from afar, he could see (Y/n) peacefully napping in her bed through another window. Rage clouded his glowing orbs once he realised that you had tricked him just an hour ago; the girl in the library — that was you.

"Oh, (Y/n)." Myth felt both proud and angry at you, resulting in a twisted grin appearing on his lips as he pushed himself off the wall and flew over to the other window. Pressing his face against the rather cold glass, his unbelieving hues were trained on the mop of (H/c) locks that faced him. Chuckling to himself, he only shook his head in disbelief once he realised that you had deceived him just like that. "I was so close..."

Just earlier, he had unknowingly held you in his arms, breathed in your familiar scent and received a little peck from you. Simultaneously, he felt elated, yet mad for having been fooled. Quickly evaluating his chances of being caught, he decided that (Y/n) was too deep in dreamland to be disturbed by the soft clicking he'd cause by discarding the metal lock.

Claws swiping across the rather feeble lock, the metal zoomed past him; gravity pulled the broken pieces down to the empty alleyway behind your apartment. Once the destroyed lock collided with the concrete ground of the street, Myth had already slipped into the girl's bedroom without causing any other noise.

What even was he doing here?

He wasn't too sure himself. Somehow, he had hoped that it would pull you to this place, too; that was before he realised he had found you earlier at school already. By now though, you'd probably have vanished already — like a little mouse scurrying from cover to cover in fear of being eaten by the big, scary hawk. Even if he was bothered, he didn't let it show too much as his cold eyes gazed around the small room.

(Y/n)'s breathing was uneven and for a moment, Myth was scared she'd wake up. Soon though, he realised that the poor girl was having a horrible nightmare. He could feel pity rising in the depths of his stomach. Just as he was about to reach his hand out to awaken her from her slumber, something else — hidden away in her arms — caught his attention.

It was a small piece of crinkled paper, which he soon realised could be of great importance. With utmost of care, he reached over her curled-up body, careful not to accidentally touch and thus startle her. His shaking fingers clasping around the wrinkled paper, he winced as the paper crunched and bent under his grip.

(Y/n) yawned softly before cutely cuddling back into her pillow. Myth would have squealed if it wasn't for the precarious situation he was in. Nimbly, he snatched the page out of her arms and retreated with a relieved breath escaping his tense lungs.

"What do we have here..." Myth whispered to himself as he unfolded the little piece of paper, hands shaking in anticipation. He was a few steps behind you, which is why he would really appreciate a good booster. Green eyes attentively ran over the inked words, trying to pick up the contents as quickly as they could; Myth knew he couldn't lose any more precious time than he already had.

"Interesting..."

V.II.MMXIX

Today at the park, Uncle Henry told me he is going to be busy moving the large hourglass I saw during the heist. He says he has some sort of secret facility for it.