Chapter 19: Dreams

A/N: What's this??? A chapter that comes out not a whole month after the last one??? Well don't get your hopes up, but spooky season gets me in the mood to write this stuff, so be happy with another update! I love to see how you guys react to what's going on so please remember to comment! Without further ado, enjoy!

Eric's POV:

The dinner was so fucking good, like holy hell. A perfectly savory shredded steak with this sweet barbecue sauce, served with a side of creamy potato soup, and a fresh salad with a homemade Italian dressing. I was in heaven, my tastebuds had a rave party, my mouth had an orgasm. For about an hour, it made me forget that some witch was trying to kidnap my Jamie. Speaking of, he had ate so much that he was practically in a food coma and I had to carry him upstairs. Okay, I didn't have to, but I picked him up and he didn't object, which was a first. I really loved carrying him this way; holding him was my favorite thing in the world.

This boy has been driving my head in circles. I have no idea how he really feels about me, and that drives me insane. That little twink had me wrapped around his fucking finger. I wanted to be mad at him, but he was getting tired and looked like a bunny rabbit falling asleep in my arms. Damn it.

How could anyone want to hurt Jamie? He's just the cutest guy that's so harmless. I had to protect him at all costs, even if that meant giving up my life for his. I can't live without him.

Thankfully, Ilya was now cured, so that was one less thing to worry about. Michael refused to leave Ilya's bedside, so Smitty had to bring him a serving of dinner. Michael seems really attached to Ilya, and I can't help but wonder what's going on there.

Meanwhile, Jamie stirred in my arms and nuzzled against my chest, "I might've eaten too much. It was worth it though."

I chuckled at him as we made our way into our room. I laid him down on the soft bed and crawled over him to his other side. I pulled him in close to me, smelling his soft hair.

This position brought back my memory from earlier in the truck. My mood fell as I remembered that what Jamie said, or more accurately what he didn't say. I had told Jamie I loved him, so why didn't he say it back? He has to love me. I can't just pour my heart all over him and never get anything back. The thought of him not wanting to be in this relationship was enough to break my heart into one half that's devastated and another half that's enraged.

I would go crazy thinking about this all night so I decided to just ask him for peace of mind, "Jamie?"

He stirred and looked up at me, his irises turning that beautiful shade of silver as we locked eyes. He looked up at me with that adorable button nose and soft features, blinking the sleep out of his eyes. "Hmm?"

"I have a question for you," my heart started pumping as I got prepared to ask, what if he said no? "And I need you to answer this honestly for me, okay?"

My mate nodded his head yes and waited for me to continue. I took a deep breath and decided to just go for it, "Jamie I love you so fucking much, do you love me?"

Jamie seemed just a bit more awake now, "What?"

"I said it earlier, and you didn't say it back. Do you love me?" I repeated. My tone was very serious as I said that. Oh no, this is gonna scare him off. Shit.

"Um . . . well I-" Jamie tried to find the words. This wasn't a good sign. Jamie's voice was very drowsy as he spoke, "Eric I've known you for about almost a week . . . I don't know if that's enough time to . . . figure all that out."

Jamie spoke in a very tired voice, which only hurt more. He couldn't even stay awake for this conversation?! I let go of him a got out of bed, "Well y'know what? I've figured it out in a week, fuck I figured it out right when I first met you. It pisses me off that you'll never feel the same pull that I have to you; you'll never be able to love me as much as I love you, Jamie! Do you know what that does to someone? Even if you never end up loving me, I'll always love you no matter what, and that's bullshit!"