𝐦𝐚𝐠𝐧𝐨𝐥𝐢𝐚.

❝ written on these walls are the stories that i can't explain

❝ written on these walls are the stories that i can't explain. ❞

━━━ IN A WORLD where magnolia finds happiness in her own demise.

❝ i leave my heart open but it stays right here empty for days. ❞

( synopsis. )

Magnolia Grace Doran, in the prime years of her youth and innocence, posed as the poster-child of greatness. Promising scholarships, perfect and prestige behaviour, a dedicated dancer and the perfect daughter. It was how she chose to live, to show this side of herself to spite those around her that dared to bring her down. Her own accomplishments were her own doing, and to prove them wrong just felt so right. 

Behind the closed doors, she didn't have to try hard anymore. Magnolia was just Magnolia, not the girl who practiced her SAT Prep until three in the morning, or the graceful dancer in her pointe shoes. She could cry, scream, laugh. She wasn't tied down to a standard. And it felt good. It just felt normal to wake up to one of her dad's blasting ABBA as soon as the sun had rose, to try to play the piano and miss every other note. This was Magnolia Grace Doran, the girl who exceeded expectations.

And she was proud of that.

As soon as Magnolia had hit the prime age of seventeen, she could finally see herself with a brighter future ahead of her. With dedication to every practice run, fake smiles whenever her peers had made a snarky remark and a few prayers a day, Magnolia was given the opportunity to pursue her dream of taking the lead role of The Nutcracker. This was her chance to finally be seen and recognized for her gift, her talent. Her hard work could finally pay off and could possibly get scouted by someone in Juilliard.

That was the dream.

Magnolia was high off of excitement and thrill that Act I had left her, and the butterflies in her stomach making her feel an uneasiness in her. Intermission had never felt so quick, and the people that had once packed up the Orpheum flooded back in like a tsunami, eager to see the young dancer once more. This was her moment, her chance to be showered in applause and roses. Maybe not roses, it seemed a tad cliche and unrealistic, but to perform and just see the bright smiles on everyone's faces just felt like everything was worth it.

Act II wasn't everything she had dreamed of, it was her demise. It made her feel weak and vulnerable, dressed in tight corset that accentuated her figure and a white, stiff tutu that adorned her waist as she elegantly danced across the stage. The blinding spotlights on her and the gasps coming from the audience made her draw a blank, suddenly feeling her skull being bashed against the dark and glossy floor of the stage. 

𝐎𝐑

Where Magnolia Grace finds her reason to keep on living through three ghosts, making better memories as a spirit than in the world of the living. The real question remains if she'll ever make it make home, back to her family and mundane lifestyle without any strings attached.