𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐨𝐧𝐞 : 𝐥𝐚𝐬𝐭 𝐝𝐚𝐧𝐜𝐞

⋘ ──── ∗ ⋅◈⋅ ∗ ──── ⋙

this chapter contains mentions of death, slight gore/mentions of blood and injury, cursing, mild sad vibes and (mild) parental figures fighting

this chapter contains mentions of death, slight gore/mentions of blood and injury, cursing, mild sad vibes and (mild) parental figures fighting. please read at your own risk.

⋘ ──── ∗ ⋅◈⋅ ∗ ──── ⋙

𝐝𝐞𝐜𝐞𝐦𝐛𝐞𝐫 𝟐𝟎𝟏𝟗

Los Angeles; the City of Angels. It was the city of pursuing chance and the daring path to make a face amongst all others to shine the brightest, and it was a pain in the ass to work up your way up the totem pole. For someone important to know your name, it took effort, time and money. Lots of it. Nobody could make it in the greatest city of the United States without giving in to some of its temptations of fame and broken promises.

It was quite frightening how some people were desperate enough to give and lose everything just to have their face plastered on a poster.

Magnolia Grace Doran never thought that way, she never thought of fame or glory, or the simplicity of getting her face recognized. She wanted her work to be recognized, to have people recognize her own brilliancy and dedication. It was her own hard work, effort and time that got her to perform at the Orpheum. Bright blue, neon letters flashing in your face as soon as you step within radius of the grand theatre, thousands of seats lined up from the ground level to the second floor. Hundreds of thousands of people to fill those people to enjoy something as simple and elegant as a ballet performance to something as extraordinary and exclusive as bands and concerts.

Tonight, everyone was here to on the chilly December night to see The Nutcracker, starring L.A.'s very own Magnolia Grace.

It was a dream come true to say the least, this sort of lead in a production like this determined everything. Her future, if her effort really paid off, if she had to sit another dance class with Bethany Monroe every Monday, Wednesday and Friday. Bethany was an absolute nightmare. It all came down to how well she performed tonight, right in front of the Juilliard scout.