𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐟𝐢𝐯𝐞 : 𝐦𝐨𝐨𝐧𝐥𝐢𝐠𝐡𝐭 𝐤𝐢𝐬𝐬

⋘ ──── ∗ ⋅◈⋅ ∗ ──── ⋙

Magnolia Grace couldn't sleep.

It wasn't like she couldn't sleep to begin with, but to just think in an empty, dark space was maddening in itself. There seemed to be endless possibilities on what to think about, it was as if anything and everything kept crashing her train of thought, her constant worries making it harder for her to breathe.

Her family, biological family, her career as a dancer, her condition- 

Her thoughts and worries felt like a heavy weight on her chest, the airiness she had been so familiar to felt nonexistent as her own words seem to poison her. Everything felt warm all of a sudden, her body feeling on fire as the dull pain in her head came back, throbbing against her skull and hot to the touch.

Who did this to me? Why am I here? Did I do something wrong?-

Magnolia sat up from her makeshift futon, wishing that her ghostly body could produce sweat to cool down her warm skin. It was never like this before, she had never felt so overwhelmed to the point of ultimate exhaustion. Sure, there were days where she'd just stay up to think, things that she would be able to control like her outfit of the day or if she decided to skip ballet practice altogether, but things were different now. The world around her never felt so foreign.

Rubbing her hands over face, the sleep-ridden girl tried to look lively as possible, despite the moon still shining brightly above her head. It was too early in the morning, too early to wake up and push her worries aside for the next twelve hours, or so. Reggie's snores were quite comforting, even if she thought they were loud and obnoxious the night before. It made her feel less alone, it reminded her that she no longer stayed at the hospital, but rather with three ghost pals that annoy the hell out on her every once and a while.

It was... nice.

Leaving the comfort of the loft, Magnolia threw on her black Doc Martens, leaving her jacket altogether and teleported outside of the Molina garage, her senses feeling like television static. Everything felt numb, her head heart from her knack of overthinking and constant worrying. The Japanese girl honestly felt exhausted over worrying about herself, knowing that she had been stuck walking the Earth for eight months with no body, her perspective of life just shifted.