𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐞𝐥𝐞𝐯𝐞𝐧 : 𝐣𝐮𝐥𝐢𝐞'𝐬 𝐨𝐧𝐞 𝐩𝐡𝐚𝐧𝐭𝐨𝐦

⋘ ──── ∗ ⋅◈⋅ ∗ ──── ⋙

this chapter includes familial topics and ideals and light mentioning of death

this chapter includes familial topics and ideals and light mentioning of death. please read at your own risk! (also, idk if its THAT sad but like get tissues or something).

⋘ ──── ∗ ⋅◈⋅ ∗ ──── ⋙

Magnolia Grace never particularly liked school dances with the awkward intimacy, crappy slow songs and stiff dancing, where your date puts their hands on your hips and barely moves an inch. Maybe that's why she preferred guys with dance experience, she's just never had a good partner.

She could vividly remember when she had went to a school dance, just last year, which was her sophomore year. The early days where Magnolia was on the brink of getting her braces removed and the climb of the high school food chain had started. That year, her best friend at Beverly Hills Prep School, Nicole "Nick" Zheng, had a date, which made the Zheng girl beg for Magnolia come with.

Given that this was a school for misfitted youth in society, it would be better to bring someone you trusted.

Eventually, she did bring a date by the name of Elliot Hargreeves, an English boy with a polite mannerisms and a kind heart. It baffled her to find out why he had been recommended to such a place in the first place, only to find out from the boy himself that he was a shoplifter. The two were a lot more similar than they had originally thought, forming an unexpected friendship from changing the spiked punch bowl to water and vandalizing the Principal's mural.

Admittedly, the school dance that Los Feliz High School had held was a tad bit mild for her taste. Sure, it was cute little setup with a balloon archway and the school's colours as streamers to decorate the walls of the stage. Other than the decorations that seemed to be unrecognizable against the strobing disco lights, the punch bowl serving a sugary liquid that seemed far from refreshing as students danced around with different people.

It was... okay.

"Magnolia! Thank God you made it!" Julie rejoiced, a massive weight being lifted off of her shoulders at the sight of the Asian girl. Magnolia snapped out of her trance of the mass of sweaty bodies, blinking a couple of times as she smiled at the Puerto Rican girl. "Where are the guys?"