𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐭𝐰𝐞𝐧𝐭𝐲-𝐟𝐨𝐮𝐫 : 𝐩𝐚𝐫𝐭𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐠𝐢𝐟𝐭

⋘ ──── ∗ ⋅◈⋅ ∗ ──── ⋙

good morning/afternoon/evening/night angels ;)i'm backkkk (p

i'm backkkk (p.s. stream olivia rodrigo's 'driver's licence' OMG- ) and please check the end of chapter for a special announcement!!

tw: this chapter includes; mentions of death, trauma/PTSD, manhandling/manipulation, mentions of abuse, use of self-defense

READ AT YOUR OWN RISK LOVELIES!!

⋘ ──── ∗ ⋅◈⋅ ∗ ──── ⋙

The deceased members of Sunset Curve crowded around the grand piano at the center of the studio, the golden rays of the Californian sun warming the tops of their skins through the greenhouse-like corner in the back of the room. Their combined adrenaline from today's news wore off slowly, leaving a lingering feeling within their chests as they planned out every little detail for tonight's gig at the Orpheum. It was a big deal, especially with the possibility of this being what they needed to finally move on.

They needed everything to be absolutely perfect, their second chance urging them to take it.

Luke nibbled at his bottom lip as the pen in his hand tapped against the polished wood, his eyebrows furrowed as he stared down at the songs written in his book, titles sprawled into the margins. He threw random song titles in the air, hoping one would stick out to one of the three, both Alex and Reggie mindlessly nodding along as their minds were clouded by their own thoughts and worries. Every now-and-then, the Patterson boy would look up from his notes as he planned the setlist towards the Japanese girl hidden away in the greenhouse-corner of the room, asking for her opinions.

Magnolia stayed under the sun, enjoying the temporary warmth that kissed her skin as she watered the Molina's greenery, finding her own tempo in their silence. She would send Luke a soft smile, a couple of nods and a few words of input before reverting back to silence, her fingers shaking and skin paler than her ivory complexion. She would feel Luke's gaze on her, watching her cautiously spill the contents of her pail into a few dracaena before feeding Reginald Jr. a few bugs she had found in Julie's garden.