I'm Not A Child

Y/n's pov

"Are you sure we're here late?" Tom asked as we walked into the theater.

"We're early," I said, "but David said he was here already, so I was like, why not?"

"Y/n!" I looked over to see Kylee, waving at us.

We made our way over to where Kylee was sitting, to see that David was not there.

"Is David already backstage?" I asked when we got over there.

"Yeah," Kylee said, standing up, hugging me. "He said he saved a spot in line for you."

"Great," I grinned, "well, I should go then."

I turned to leave when Tom spoke up.

"You know, Y/n," he said, "I could've walked over here myself. I'm not a child."

"Oh really?" I said, raising an eyebrow. "Right now you sound like one."

Tom didn't say anything.

"Erm, well," he said at last, "break a leg."

"Thanks!" I grinned, leaving to register.

*time skip brought to you by my undying love for tom holland*

"Are you ready?" David asked.

We were standing backstage, waiting in anticipation to go on stage, the show was to start in only ten minutes.

"Nope," I sighed, wiping my hands on my pants, which wasn't very effective. "I have 'before performance butterflies'. It doesn't help that my hands are super sweaty."

I put my hand out for David to see, he touched my hand, then immediately wiped his hands on his pants.

"Ew," he said, shaking his head. "I do have those butterflies right now though."

"Everyone! Gather up!" a stagehand shouted.

David and I shuffled over to where everyone was gathered, waiting for our instructions.

I was to perform right after David, which was going to be tough since David was a great performer.

I was sitting there, waiting, when my phone kept going off, I opened it to see it was just the Marvel group chat.

*texts*

Thomas
Yeah, she's backstage right now

y/n
I'm right here

Spider-mom
How are you feeling Y/n?

y/n
Uh well I'm very nervous at the moment

Space Chris
What song are you performing?

Thomas
She's performing electricity from Billy Elliot
The show I was in when I was younger

Metal Arm Man
Wait you were a theater kid

Thomas
Unfortunately, I was

The Original Tom
You just insulted Y/n

y/n
Wow Thomas
Well I have to go warm up so talk to you guys later

Iron dad
Break a leg

The Other Olsen
Beat everyone for us!

*end of texts*

David and I warmed up, I did tongue twisters, scales, and octave jumps, humming the song after.