eleven.✔

I step outside Calypso to see the familiar white truck across the street with a sinfully good-looking man making his way toward me. Cole's hair is brushed back but a little fluffy like he let it air-dry outside of a ball cap for once. His jeans are snug in all the right places, his black tee clings to his shoulders as he tucks one hand in his pocket as he crosses the street.

I bite down on my lip as he looks up with a grin on his lips.

"Hey, Trouble," he stops just steps from me. "Have fun?"

I nod. "I'm ready to go home."

He chuckles, reaching for my hand. "C'mon."

I willingly take it as he tucks me into his side, thinking I am rather intoxicated, but I refuse to stop him. He opens the door and helps me in. I start to take my heels off as he runs over to the driver side.

"Did you keep your end of the bargain?" I bat my eyes at him as he starts the truck.

"And what would that be, boozy?" he teases with a cocked brown.

"Pizza, Colson," I spat. "Fresh pizza."

He shrugs and I swat his arm with the back of my hand.

"Damn, Trouble," he smirks. "You're violent when you're tipsy."

"I'm starving," I say as my stomach growls, right on que. "And if there isn't pizza waiting for me, I will kill you."

"Guess we'll have to see," he continues to torment me.

"Cole."

"Oh, you mean the pizza from the Italian place on main," he winks. "Yeah, I got a pie."

"I guess you'll live yet," I wink back.

The moment Cole puts the truck in park I'm out the door, sprinting for the pizza I know is waiting inside. I've never been so hungry as I force the door open and follow the scent coming from the greasy box on the counter. I toss my shoes and purse on the floor beside the sectional and yank a cheesy slice from the untouched pie.

I must moan at the first bite because Cole is laughing at me when he enters.

"Shut up," I wave him off as he goes to the refrigerator, grabbing a beer for himself.

I suck down my first piece in record time as Cole sets a glass of water, that he threw a hydration tablet in, in front of me. I'd never eat like this in front of Wraith, he'd be disgusted. Cole grabs himself a piece as well and we race to see who can eat it the fastest, he won of course.

"So what do you want to watch?" he asks, washing down the dough with a long splash of beer.

I bring my tainted water to my lips. "Your choice," I decide to be generous because I'm about to take advantage of him a bit more. I take another slip and set the glass on the island before turning on my heel toward his bedroom.

"What are you doing?" he calls after me.

I don't reply as I strut into his bedroom and go right for his closet. In the mist of work issued polos and jeans, I grab a pair of his black briefs and one of his white tees. The last thing I want to do is wear this dress the rest of the night so I unzip it and toss it on the floor before pulling on his clothes. The shirt is so long you can't see the briefs under it. My slightly buzzed brain could careless as I pull my hair from the collar of the tee and go in search of another piece of pizza.

Cole is sitting on the couch now, his sock covered feet resting on his coffee table. He is looking through movies on the TV as his beer slowly falls from his lips when he sees me out of his peripheral vision. I like that he's looking at me intently, almost hungrily. I pretend not to notice as I grab another slice of pizza, along with my water and join him on the sectional. A white blanket is hanging off the arm, which I drape over my lap, but I let my bare legs brush up against his. He watches my every moment but I don't glance at him till after I take another bite and give him a closed mouth grin as if I am oblivious.