Chapter 26

It was about three o'clock in the morning

It was about three o'clock in the morning. It was about the fifth time Charmaine woke up crying. Ink was sleeping like a rock so Sydney got up every time.

"Shhhh, Princess." Sydney picked up Charmaine and started to bounce her carefully. She walked over to the rocking chair and sat down.

"Come one, Charmaine. Stop crying for momma. Are you hungry?" Sydney pulled her tank top down on one side and proceeded to breastfeed Charmaine. Within seconds the baby was calm and starting to fall asleep.

"Thank goodness" Sydney continued to rock in the chair as they both started to fall asleep. Sleep deprivation was no joke the first few days they got home.

Ink rolled over in bed and sleepily reached over to Sydney's side expecting her to be there. When he didn't feel her he opened his eyes and looked around the room.

He sat up and rubbed his sleepy eyes before standing from the bed. He checked in the bathroom before heading towards the nursery. There Sydney was in the rocking chair asleep with Charmaine feeding.

"Baby" he whispers so he didn't disturb the baby. Ink had to shake her a little before Sydney actually woke up.

"What are you doing up, Caven? Go back to bed" Sydney still had her eyes closed but she knew ink was standing right next to her.

"Let me take her, baby. Go lay back down" ink lifting Charmaine from Sydney's arms and started to burp her. He let Sydney fix her shirt before looking down at her.

" you sure? I can stay up with her"

"I got it, baby. I didn't mean to sleep that hard, you go ahead" Sydney stood from the chair and kissed Ink on the lips and placed one on Charmaine's head.

"Alright, baby girl. What's all this fussing about?" He asks Charmaine once Sydney leaves the nursery and heads to the bedroom. The only answer he got was her sticking her tongue out and then a cute little sneeze after.

"Hey, you won't get out of this by being all cute, missy. You need to go to bed. Well....after I change your stinky diaper" ink moved over to the changing table and laid Charmaine on her back. Thankfully the changing table had a little strap on it to keep the baby from rolling off.

"Here, baby." Ink placed the pacifier between her lips and she took it with ease. He then started to unbutton the bottom of her onesie. Sydney was a smartass all the way around. The baby's night onesie just fit what their nights were like for the past few days. It was all white with black writing that said 'Silent Night Yeah, Right! '

"Your momma is too clever sometimes" ink just chuckled as he looked at the onesie but soon the laugh turned into gagging

"How does that smell come from such a small body!" Ink exclaims as he wipes Charmaine's dirty butt. When he was done he threw the diaper and wipes away before placing a fresh diaper on her.

"You're such a stinky, little bug aren't you" ink leans over and blows soft raspberries on her stomach. The giggle that came from Charmaine made Ink feel so happy. Her gummy smile and cute laugh were just so contagious.

"Does that tickle, bug?" Ink did it again just for her to let out the loudest giggle he had ever heard her make.

"Shhhh, your gonna wake you momma" ink laughed at how cute his daughter was. He felt like she was growing up so far already and they hadn't been home but a week or so.

"Okay, let's get you covered back up and into your crib" ink smiles down at her before wiping the drool off her chin and picking up the pacifier she spits out when laughing. He wanted her to stay that cute and pure forever.

Ink buttoned up the bottom of her onesie before lifting her up and cradling her into his arms. He didn't even bother sitting down because as soon as he gave her the pacifier and started to sway left and right, she was already falling asleep.

"Good night, my little bug" Ink kisses Charmaine's forehead sweetly as she fell asleep in his arms. He waited until he knew she was completely asleep before laying her down in the crib.

Ink left the night light on as he turned off the overhead lights and left the door creaked. He was so ready to lay in bed with Sydney and sleep for a little while longer.

He opened the door to see Sydney sprawled in the center of the bed. Ink knew as soon as she walked into the room she just face planted into the bed. He turns Sydney on her back and covered her up with the blankets before getting on his side of the bed.

"Good night, my love" ink kisses her forehead before turning over and cutting off the lamp. As tired as he was, sleep just wouldn't take over. Ink felt like he laid there looking at Sydney sleep peacefully for once. He hated seeing her so worn out but he also knew it would get better from there.

Charmaine was still trying to get into a sleep pattern so until then Ink and Sydney would see many late nights or all-nighters. He didn't mind it since he was used to staying up on runs. Ink found that taking care of a baby seemed to drain more energy than going on a run. Being a parent wasn't easy and they both knew that. Ink and Sydney were just ready for things to settle down so they wouldn't feel it look like a zombie every morning.

Ink snapped from his thoughts when he felt Sydney moving in her sleep. She wiggled her way closer to him and Ink graciously took her into his arms and cuddle up with her. This was Ink's favorite part about late night. He got to spend time with his daughter and cuddle up with Sydney right after.

 He got to spend time with his daughter and cuddle up with Sydney right after