Chapter 33

"come on, baby

"come on, baby. She will be fine." ink had to basically drag Sydney out of the house. Her dad arrived a few minutes ago and Sydney gave him the rundown on everything. He had been coming by a lot since the day at the compound, which she was very thankful for.

"I know, but this is the first time I've really been away from her" Sydney whines as Ink helps her into the truck.

"Well, you need a break as well. It's just for the day anddddd I gave him Haisley numbers just in case." Sydney loved how Ink always thought ten steps ahead of her. He planned out every detail which she was thankful for because she sucked at it.

When Ink got into the driver seat Sydney was already looking at him with a smile on her face. "Thank you. I really do need to have a day where it's just you and me"

"Like I said. I do this because I love you and be-"

"If you finish that sentence I'll leave you with blue balls for another few months" Sydney glared at Ink only for him to chuckle nervously.
-
Ink took Sydney to a nice, quiet restaurant. They laughed and talked like old times. Sydney really missed spending quality time with Ink but she doesn't regret having Charmaine. That little girl brought so much light into their lives.

"That was nice, Caven. I really enjoyed it" They walked hand in hand towards the truck. The smile on Inks's faces only told her there was more to come.

"What does your even like to have in store for us today?" Sydney asks suspicious of Inks plans.

"Get in and I'll show you" ink winks at her as he opens the door for her to get in. Sydney just sighed and obeyed.

It took them half an hour to reach the spot Ink supposedly had plans at.

"Caven. What- what are we doing here?" Sydney was now sitting straight up in her seat as she looked around. Ink had brought her to the first place they snuck away as an official couple. She remembers that day like it was yesterday.

"Come on" ink's voice was now soft as he spoke to Sydney. When they both got out of the truck Ink walked over to her and held his hand out. He leads her through the secluded place. They walked past a small cabin where they made love for the first time.

"What are we doing here?" She asks as Ink continues to pull her further out. When he finally stopped they were in front of a pound. It was surrounded but dimly light stake lights but it was beautiful.

"You remember what we told each other the night we came here?" Ink asks as he walks closer to the water with his hand in his front pockets. He turned at looked back a Sydney who was still standing there frozen.

"Y-yeah..." Sydney's voice started to shake nervously as she slowly walked closer to Ink.

"So remember what I said I would do the next time I brought you back here?" Sydney just nodded as Ink spoke. she could feel the tears starting to fill her eyes as she looked out at the water. When she turned around Ink was on one knee.

A soft sob escaped Sydney's lips. She quickly covered her mouth with her head as she stared down at Ink's teary eyes.

"We've been together for 3 years. Every day I find myself falling for you more and more, it reminds me of the first time we met. All of my brothers think that I am the luckiest man on earth for finding someone as amazing, and beautiful as you. I can't wait to grow with you and watch our daughter grow up. I want to spend the rest of my life with you.
Will you marry me?"

Sydney was already completely in tears as she listened to Ink. Never in a million years did she think that Ink would pull that.

"Y-yes, Caven. I will marry you" Sydney wiped her eyes carefully as Ink stood and slowly slipped the engagement ring on her finger.

"It's beautiful." Sydney looks down at the Cushion cut ring with side stones.

"I've wanted to get you this ring for a long time." Ink always has his dream engagement for Sydney. As crazy as that may be, he picked the cut by himself. He only needed help finding her ring size.

"How did you know what size-......Haisleyyyy." Sydney remembers going shopping with her and they stopped at the jewelry section. Haisley always managed to talk Sydney into trying things on, now she knows why.

"You two are sneaky" Sydney wraps her arms around inks neck, pulling him in for a passionate kiss.

"Yeah but you love me just as much" ink rests his forehead against hers. His heart was pounding with happiness. He wasn't nervous about Sydney saying no, he was nervous about making a fool of himself. As much as Sydney loved Ink getting all nervous and stumbling over his words, ink needed to pull out the cool guy routine.

"You and Haisley are gonna-"

"Shhh. Just follow me" Ink cuts Sydney off from ranting about how much they were gonna hear about hiding things behind Sydney's back. He wanted to enjoy this intimate moment.

Sydney just giggled as Ink dragged her to the cabin. She knew exactly what was gonna happen and Ink knew it as well. That night they found comfort and love in each other all night long. It was more than just making love, it was so much more sensual. They experienced something together that was truly magical.

"I love you so much," ink says breathlessly as he pulls Sydney on top of his to rest. Sydney smiles up at him.

"I love you too, Caven." Sydney softly traced his tattoos with her fingertips as she lulled both her and Ink to sleep. A much needed peaceful sleep.