╘══𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝟏𝟎

"I feel tired." I mumbled under my breath while staring at the ceiling of the hotel we've been staying.

Yesterday, after we got our clothes for the ball that we will attend tonight, we came in this hotel to stay in, we didn't do much but I feel tired all day so I just slept after, and morning came, nothing change about the tiredness I am feeling. Hearing the room's door opening, My eyes landed at the newly arrived Illumi, holding something, a box to be specific.

"(Y/n)."The long-haired Assassin, called out making me sit up from my laying position.

"hmmm?" but instead of answering me, he walk towards the bed and sat right beside me.

"Is there something you want to tell me?" I asked, then he handed me something. it was some kind of a necklace box. I looked at the box before accepting it and looked back at him, waiting for some explanation.

"what could this be?" I tried to question but as usual, I got no response then he cleared his throat before finally answering me.

"A gift." he said, short and simple. A gift? what for--

"oh." I mumbled after realizing something.

"Happy Birthday." He said looking at me,

"Illumi—" I paused, unable to process what is happening. he gave me a gift for my birthday? My birthday that I almost forgot? I am speechless. "Thank you." I whispered, looking back directly to his black orbs. We stayed staring at each other for minutes, no one plans to break up the eye contact.

"Open it." he said finally breaking the silence but not the eye contact. I look down at the box I am holding before opening it, revealing a necklace with a diamond pendant color that matches my (E/c) eyes.

"here, let me help you with that." he volunteered. "Turn around." he said then I turn my back on him. I felt his hands grasp my (H/c) hair and put it on my side.

"This is pretty." I whispered in a much low tone, almost can't be heard by a simple person. it is a simple looking necklace but the weight differs.

'Just how much did he cost to buy this one?' I thought.

"There." he said. "Thank--"my words got interrupted when I felt his lips on the crook of my neck, planting soft kisses.

"I-Illumi.."

--

"are you ready--, Illumi?" I called out,  we're inside of the car and already in front of the venue. when I saw him, he was busy trying to tie his hair into a bun.

" let me." I said before doing the favor of tying his hair into a bun when I suddenly stopped as I felt an immense pain in my head.

"what's the matter?" he asked. I finished the bun before smiling at him while shaking my head.

"it's nothing important." I said reassuring him. "shall we go now?" I asked to change the topic, I didn't get any response but I received enigmatic gazes coming from his black orbs.

'Is he concern? about me?' minutes of silence passed before we decided to get out of the car and proceeding towards the entrance.

"I'll let you handle the shadow beasts (Y/n), make it fast." He said, back to his usual self. which I answered by a nod.

'So My target is the shadow beasts, the powerful pawns of the ten dons. well, it doesn't matter, it will be a piece of cake.' I thought slowly falling into my own thoughts.

"(Y/N)!" I heard Illumi shouted, as soon as I reacted blood is already oozing out of my right shoulder. then the crowd started rampaging, shooting at each other.

"we are being attack by the phantom troupe!" a guy shouted before his neck got sliced by a flying playing card.

"Phantom Troupe.. Sounds Familiar.." I mumbled.

"How come you're spacing out and got shot in a matter of minutes after entering (Y/n)?" Illumi asked, anger is visible through his voice.

'he is mad.' I mentally thought.

"I am fine, it's just a scratch. I won't die from receiving this wound. th--" My sentence got cut off at the middle when my eyes started to blur. why am I experiencing this? did I really lose to much blood from the wound?

"You can't be useful today because of your condition (Y/n), Leave." He demanded.

"is this how little you think of me, Illumi?" I asked, hint of irritation is now showing through my face. doesn't mean that he gave me gifts or what, as long as he's belittling me, I'll can still stand up against him.

"No, but you've been having headaches since yesterday (Y/n). I wouldn't risk you over this mission. Now Leave, with this kind of commotion right now, You're not safe here." He said firmly.

"but--"

"(Y/n), Leave." he demanded one last time before disappearing out of my sight.