8 | Missed the Practice

Third Person POV

The car ride was uncomfortably silent. The way to the university to the ice rink wasn't that far, but it already felt like hours to the two.

"So, you still skate?" Jake asked breaking the silence.

"I stopped for a while until I decided to start skating again." Sunghoon replied.

"Could I turn on the radio?" Sunghoon asked.

"Yeah, go ahead." Jake agreed.

Once Sunghoon turned on the radio, he knew it was a mistake. Out of all the songs the radio could play; it played a song that made the two reminiscent their past relationship.

And when the lights start flashing like a photo booth
And the stars exploding
We'll be fireproof
My youth
My youth is yours
Tripping on skies, sipping waterfalls
My youth
My youth is yours
Runaway now and forevermore
My youth
My youth is yours
A truth so loud you can't ignore
My youth, my youth, my youth
My youth is yours

Their feet and facial expressions were both similar because of the dance the two learned together.

They stared at each other, but Jake looked back to the road and Sunghoon still continued to look at Jake.

"Is he okay?" Sunghoon thought.

Sunghoon's POV

I already forgave Jake a long time ago. I was just shocked that he showed up without any warning.

He didn't really do anything wrong in my point of view. We weren't together so I can't really day anything about my past with him. I guess I was just really hurt by his actions, but I know that Jake has his reasons and we were still young.

However, I was still curious on why he decided to just leave and do those actions. It might sound weird, but I know Jake. And I believe that Jake wouldn't do anything like that.

"Where's your practice at?" Jake asked.

"Still the same place." I replied and Jake just nodded.

We arrived there and we both ran, but it was too late. My coach isn't there anymore and there isn't anyone present in the rink.

"No one is here." Sunghoon said.

"Listen. I'm so sorry Sunghoon. I shouldn't have asked you to tutor right away. I shouldn't have just asked you to do my homework. It's all my fault. Give me your coach's number and I'll tell him why you were late." Jake said. He had a guilty expression.

"Jake, it isn't your fault okay. Just go home and I'll just practice a bit here." I replied, smiling at him.

Jake didn't reply and ran near the exit. I thought he'll leave, so I went to the lockers. Surprisingly, I saw Jake.

"What are you doing?" I asked.

"I'm going to skate with you." Jake replied while putting on the skating shoes.

"But you don't know how?" I replied.

Last time I skated with Jake, he almost fell on his head.

"I mean you don't know that." Jake replied.

Jake's POV

I suck at ice skating. It will never be my thing. I already tried skating in Korea and also tried it in Australia, but I would always fall right when I place my feet at the ice. I mean you never know, I might be lucky. I hope I am...

"Jake, you ready?" Sunghoon asked already going to the rink.

"Yes" No.

I made my way towards the rink and tried going to the sides. I didn't fall yet, but once I let go of the handles, I know I will.

"Come here, Jake." Sunghoon said while he's standing at the middle of the rink.

"I'm good here." I said and smiled.

"Come on, Jake. I thought you wanted to skate. Last time I checked, standing still and holding onto the rails isn't skating." Sunghoon said and smirked.

I sighed and headed towards Sunghoon. I was a bit off-balance, but I managed to not fall. However, I didn't know how to stop.

"Sunghoon, I don't know how to stop!" I yelled.

Sunghoon looked at me as I skate towards him. He then skated his way towards me and my body was about to hit the ground until I felt a pair of arms wrapped around my waist.

*tug* *tug*

"Are you okay?" Sunghoon asked still holding onto me.

I tried to face him, but that caused both our bodies to fall down the rink.

*tug* *tug*

We both faced each other as his body fell on mine. I admired his face and my eyes went towards his lips.

*Ehem*

Sunghoon made the sound causing my attention towards him.

Sunghoon carefully stood up and handed me his hand asking for me to take.

"If you don't know how to skate, you could've just told me." Sunghoon said as I stood up.

"I'm sorry." I said.

"What?" Sunghoon asked confused.

"I keep on being such a headache to you." I said.

"Look Jake, stop saying sorry. It was my idea anyways and I did break your camera." Sunghoon said looking at me.

Third Person POV

*Tug* *Tug*

"I'll just go." Jake said about to leave.

Sunghoon grabbed Jake's wrist causing the older to face him.

"Don't leave, please." Sunghoon said.

And Jake almost thought that he saw the same pair of eyes looking at him with sadness just like 2 years ago.

"I won't."

Umm... So I don't know what to feel about this chapter. I think it's a bit messy and meh. I'll try my best to make better chapters for you guys!

Also don't forget to Vote⭐️, Comment💬, and Share🥰

-BA