15 | Not MVP

Third Person POV

"Congrats to Seoul University for winning this year's championship." The official said as we went up the stage to grab our trophy. We handed it to our coach and took pictures.

"And now.... for our MVP. Before I announce this year's MVP. I would just like to say that everyone here improved a lot since last year and I'm proud to see new players. So this years MVP is.....

"Sunghoon, you ready?" Jay said as the officials announce the MVP. Sunghoon just smiled and didn't say anything.

"Lee Seo Joon from Hanyang University." The official said as Seo Joon walks up the stage.

As the MVP walks and Sunghoon just stands there looking at him a lot of whispers filled the room.

"It's not Sunghoon."

"Shouldn't it be Sunghoon cause he won?"

"Sunghoon is way better than him though."

"This is unfair."

"I can't believe he's MVP."

Sunghoon just looked down and clapped for Seo Joon. He then looked up as the MVP says his speech.

"Umm. I would like to just say that thank you to the people who recognized my talent in basketball. This is all thanks to my teammates and school and my coach. I may not have won the championship, but I did win this MVP title. Thank you everyone!!" Seo Joon said.

(literally made up Lee Seo Joon😂)

Sunghoon couldn't do anything because of the biased choices the committee has made. He worked hard, but he still didn't win. He finally noticed that talent really has no match with connections. Sunghoon then told everyone and his team that he'll go home and rest since he's tired.

"Sunghoon, don't you wanna go to the celebration party?" Jay said as Sunghoon was about to leave.

"No, it's okay. I'm tired." Sunghoon said.

Jay didn't wanna force Sunghoon so he just let him be and gave him space.

Jay then went back to his teammates, but was stop by a breathless Jake.

"Jay, have you seen Sunghoon?" Jake asked.

"He's about to leave. I think he's at his car by now." Jay said. Jake didn't waste no time and ran to look for the younger.

Sunghoon was about to start his car until Jake stopped him by showing up in front of his car.

Sunghoon went outside and went closer to Jake.

"What are you doing here, Jake?" Sunghoon asked.

"You really brought me here huh?" Sunghoon said.

"I knew you were feeling down and I wanted to cheer you up!" Jake said.

"I can't believe you still remember this place." Sunghoon said and laughed at their memories.

"Of course I do." Jake said.

2 years ago.

Jake wanted to surprise the older, but he was the one surprised himself.

Jake saw Sunghoon crying alone in the classroom. Jake went to him and patted his back causing the younger to face Jake.

"What happened, hoonie?" Jake asked.

"I placed second on the ice skating competition." Sunghoon said.

"You did good though! I saw it on YouTube! You were amazing, hoonie." Jake said.

"Sunghoon, I want you to remember that you'll always be the winner to me." Jake said causing the younger to blush.

"Come on. I'll take you somewhere." Jake said as he held Sunghoon's hands.

"Where you taking me?" Sunghoon asked.

"Somewhere special." Jake said.

Jake took him near a forest across the school. Sunghoon was amazed by the scenery. The water surrounded by flowers and petals.

(just picture that one scene in extraordinary you where Haru and Dan-oh goes to this forest with like a pond and the trumpet flowers)

The two sat at the mossy ground as they both admire the scenery. Sunghoon completely forgot about the competition and just lived in the moment.

present.

"Sunghoon, you're always so competitive." Jake said and laughed.

"Competitive in school, grades, sports—"

"and you?" Sunghoon interrupted as he faced the older.

"Stop that!" Jake said and hit Sunghoon.

"You're making me feel things." Jake whispered.

"If it's okay to you, Why didn't you get picked as MVP? Everyone knew it was you, but unexpectedly wasn't." Jake said.

"How do you know that I know the answer?" Sunghoon asked.

"I just got a hunch." Jake said and giggled. Sunghoon gave him an 'are you serious' look.

"Okay I'm just joking, but like when they announced that the MVP was going to be called you already looked kind of expressionless like you already knew that you weren't picked." Jake explained.

"One of the players of Hanyang University was the son of the President of the Basketball Committee. So, I already knew it was impossible for me to be MVP even if everyone expected me to be." Sunghoon explained.

"That's unfair! Shouldn't your coach do something?" Jake said frustrated by the committee's actions.

"Hey, it's okay. Having that championship is enough for me." Sunghoon said and smiled.

"Sunghoon, even if you're not the MVP. You'll always be the Most Valuable Person to me." Jake said causing Sunghoon to hug the older.

"Jakey, knock knock." Sunghoon said still hugging Jake. Jake then faced Sunghoon, but their hands still surrounds each other.

"Who's there?" Jake answered.

"When Where." Sunghoon said.

"When, where, who?" Jake replied still confused.

"Tommorow 5pm, Cafe, me and you."

Gonna be honest, not really satisfied with the ending of this chapter, but I guess I'm too lazy to rewrite the whole thing and my mind couldn't think of ending this chapter perfectly so I just went with that. Sorry for making you guys cringe with that pick up line. I've been wanting to use it🥴

PS: Updated since I felt a little bit better!

Don't forget to Vote⭐️, Comment💬, and Share🥰

-BA