22 | Boyfriend

(i accidentally misspelled "sim" as "shim" so please don't mind that because im too busy to edit this chapter because of NHD🥲)

Third Person POV

It was the weekend and Jake and Sunghoon decided to go to the park and have a picnic, but the weather wasn't good so they decided to stay at Jake's place.

While Sunghoon was driving, Jake saw a familiar vehicle parked in his house. He walked to the door but he was greeted by his parents.

"What are you doing here?" Jake asked.

"Well, I wanted to have lunch with you and your fiancé but you weren't home." Jake's mom said.

"Oh, Sunghoon. I believe we haven't properly met." Jake's mom added.

"Not now. Mom." Jake said.

"Why, Jake? Come inside. Let's eat and your friend, Sunghoon could join." Jake's mom said and went inside.

"Let's go inside, Jakey?" Sunghoon said and held his right hand.

"I don't wanna be rude to your mom." Sunghoon said.

"I love you, hoon." Jake said.

"I love you too." Sunghoon said and they went inside.

Jake's parents, Jake, and Sunghoon were all sitting outside Jake's backyard by the pool. They were all waiting for their food to be served by Jake's parents personal maid. Suddenly, Sophia appeared with her full on makeup and dressed up with an expensive dress that reached up above ber knees.

"Hey Sophia, how have you been?" Jake's mom said.

"I've been good, aunty. It's cozy over here at Jake's place." Sophia said with her fake smile. Sophia sat next to Jake's mom, sitting across from Jake.

"That's lovely, I can't wait for you two to be married and you both could actually live together." Jake's mom said while looking directly at Sunghoon.

"Mom, it's a little to early to think about that. I'm still young and I might just want to marry someone else." Jake said and held Sunghoon's hands under the table.

"That's true. Jake's already old enough to make his own decision so we should just trust in him." Jake's father said defending his son.

"Why don't we eat?" Mrs. Shim said as the maids place the food on the table.

"So, Sunghoon. What course are you taking?" Mr. Shim asked.

"Business Marketing." Sunghoon said.

"Oh, same as Jake! You must be really smart." Mr. Shim assumed.

"He is. Dad, he actually ranked 1 in our class. He's also really sporty." Jake bragged.

"He's probably going to get a lower rank now that Sophia is here." Mrs. Shim said and brought down the mood of the three boys' conversation.

"I doubt that. Sunghoon is really smart. He plays two sports and he recently won the Math Olympics." Jake said to his mom. Jake was annoyed by his mother's actions. He couldn't fight for Sunghoon before, but he's ready now.

"Jake, why don't you help Sophia with her food. She seems like she hasn't tried this type of cuisine yet." Mrs. Shim said.

"It's okay. When I was in U.S., I was used to eating one meal. I rarely know much about korean food. However, I'm pretty sure all these side dishes are really good." Sophia said flashing her smile.

Sunghoon signalled Jake to help Sophia since she still hasn't touched her plate. Jake has no choice but to add some dishes for Sophia.

"Aww. Look at the that honey, they're so cute together." Mrs. Shim complimented.

"I guess they match." Mr. Shim replied, but his tone felt like he was forced to say that.

"Of course they do! Sophia is just the wife material. Smart, pretty, elegant, and very classy." Mrs. Shim complimented.

"Just say she's rich and go." Jake mumbled, but loud enough for Sunghoon to hear.

"So, when do you guys want to get married. I want grandkids already." Mrs. Shim said causing Jake to be annoyed as he dropped his utensils. Sunghoon noticed his anger so he placed his hand on Jake's under the table.

"Isn't it kind of rude to say that in front of Sunghoon and plus I'm still in college that can wait." Jake said.

"I'm pretty sure Sunghoon doesn't mind about us talking about you and Sophia's marriage plans." Mrs. Shim said.

"Who said I'm even going to marry her. Do you see a ring on my finger?" Jake replied already annoyed.

"Well if not Sophia then who?" Mrs. Shim challenged her son.

"My boyfriend." Jake said that shocked Sunghoon. Mr. Shim was shocked as well, but he seemed happy that his son wasn't staying silent.

"And who's that, Jake?" Mrs. Shim asked.

"Sunghoon."

short chapter hehe. sry abt it tho. i couldn't think of anything.

please vote⭐️, comment💬, and share🥰

-BA