A Gift Worth Keeping

Y/N - your name
E/C - eye color
H/C - hair color
H/L - hair length
S/C - skin color
(You all know your age by now ùwú ALSO there will be a music cue coming up so be ready to play it!)

(Y/n's POV)

I gotten much better at playing the piano but I could never compete against Hugo's amazing talent. It was another day where I was hanging out with Hugo while Lio and Song where just watching. Hugo was reading to us right now. Something about great kings and palaces. Just hearing him read was a delight. "Which is why he would forever be known as King Louis the Beloved." He finished reading as he glanced at us for a moment but then back to the book. "Do kings still exist on the surface?" Lio chuckled "No. Not...not for a long time." "It would be kinda cool though if they did." I jumped in the conversation. It'd be nice to see that time of era for once. Hugo stood up holding his book as he paced the room. "Maybe I could be the king." We all stared him, smiling as he spoke his dream to us. "And I'll throw big parties and wear beautiful habiliments."

Habiliments..?

"That means clothes." Oop, it's like he just read my mind. "And...maybe I'll find me a queen.." he whispered that last part but I wasn't sure if that's what he said. "We could all live in my palace! And go wherever we want, with no walls to contain us!" He exclaimed, throwing his hands in the air. Lio and Song had to shush him. We still hadn't told anyone about his mutation yet. Lio said quietly "Remember, buddy, no one else can hear you talk. It's too dangerous." Song put a hand on Lio's shoulder "Things changed for all of us the moment you spoke your name." "We're afraid if Emilia hears you, she'll take you away from us..." I held my hands to my chest.

Away from...me..

Hugo's smile faded as he slumped down still holding his book, nodding his head. The three of us looked at one another, our smiles turned upside down. We then went to Hugo and gave him a family hug. But I could see Hugo was still feeling down about it. As it was time for bed we all got up and started to head out but something was telling me I should stay with Hugo a bit more. So I went up to Lio and Song and tapped on their shoulders whispering "I think I'ma stay for a little while longer, maybe I could cheer him back up." They looked at each other and then at me and nodded their heads. "Ok, but don't stay too late, (y/n)." "Oh, and (y/n)..?" I stared at Song as she said on her way out with Lio, "Happy birthday." I whispered a thanks and waved to them as the door closed. I look back at Hugo who was sitting down on his piano chair not playing anything. His facial expression just pained me so much I had to do something. I then thought of an idea and went to grab his star blanket, the gift I gave him. I sat down next to him and held it to him. "You want your blanket, Hugo? Having it with you always makes you feel better!" He sighed giving a slight chuckle as he took it from my hands and stared at it. "I wonder why..." I grinned at his comment. "I still can't believe you made this for me ever since I was a baby." I scooted closer to him and for some reason he didn't seem to mind. "It WAS a gift, silly. Of course, I didn't think you'd still care for it now that you've grown..." Hugo turned to me almost like he was in a panic. "I-I...I would never do that! This blanket means much more to me...than you think." He then folded the blanket and placed it on top of his piano and faced me. "It's still your birthday isn't it?" "Yes..?" Hugo turned his face away and began fiddling with his fingers. "I would...l-like..to play you...s-something..if..that's alright." I made a small gasp as I grabbed onto his hands to which he started freaking out a little bit. I silently yelled to him "You'd DO that..!?" Because it was a tad dark I couldn't see the blush he formed on his cheeks as nodded at me. "Of course I would..if not, for you." I let go afterwards so that he could play his gift for me. He prepared himself and slowly started to play as I watched him.