Explosion Berries

Y/N - your name
E/C - eye color
H/C - hair color
H/L - hair length
S/C - skin color
F/C - favorite color

(Y/n's POV)

There we were, locked in a secluded room, with a crying infant, unable to go anywhere else. The four of us braces ourselves for a fight until we heard the front door open again and hear somebody calling out a name.

(**Cue Music**)

The mod frogs turned their attention to the person that walked in, us peeking out to see it was another human boy. A boy that would, too join our journey across Las Vistas...

We watched the scene play out as the boy continued talking with the mod frogs, something about being exposed in explosion...berries?? "Hmm, I guess that could be a thing." I shook my head lowly at Jamack.

You poor, poor frog..

Obviously, they were all getting played at, but it's just sad when you're too naive to not even question it

One thing lead to another and the boy had purple fluid coming out of his chest, screaming in agonizing pain he fell to his knees getting the juice all over the mod frogs as they screamed in terror and ran out of the house. The boy reached out to them dramatically, "Wait! Wait! Don't leave me..." he sobbed as he suddenly dropped dead on the ground, or at least faked it. Kipo, who was carrying the mute baby, ran down the stairs to him, making sure he was ok. He chuckled as turned on his back, soda in hand, "yeah, I'm fine." He took a sip of his soda. "Explosion berry, anyone?" I shook my head as Wolf stayed silent. Kipo crouched in front of him, "I fully believed explosion berries were a thing!" Wolf walked up to us, "I know those mod frogs. We need to keep moving if we don't wanna die." I nodded my head at her, "I agree, we should probably head out now." The boy chuckled at our wild edginess and looked at Kipo, "well, they seem like a lot of fun." He said, finishing his soda.

We all had been walking on the street now, silence was always good for these kind of walks. Wolf with her deathstalker, Kipo holding the bike and me and Mandu walking side by side. The boy then speaks up turning his head around at us. "Hey, thanks for watching my buddy. He just needed his formula." We all watched as he shook soda after soda feeding them to the baby. Kipo then asked him, "so, he's your..grub..baby?" Looking puzzled at them. "Dave? Oh, no. We go way back." He then tossed me the baby like it was nothing before he went back to searching his backpack. Kipo looked almost panicked as she nearly dropped the bike. Making sure the baby and I were ok she then firmly held onto the handle once more.

"Wow! Is that a deathstalker tail? I have never actually seen one in person. Can I touch it?" Wolf spun her stick and placed the stinger just above his nose, "Be my guest." He then decided to back off, honestly if it weren't for the memory loss I'd take that sting anyday if it'd knock me into a good night's rest. Just then the baby started making a noise and got into a cocoon. Kipo and Wolf were beside watching to see what happens next. The cocoon cracked and out came a little toddler grub. He opened his adorable eyes, babbling at us as he dropped himself to the ground and tried to walk, but it was more of a wobble. Kipo gasped, holding both sides of her head. "I did not see that coming." I scoffed at her, "I did." The boy grabbed the toddler and moved him so that he'd have room. Only for him to fall flat on the ground and make himself into another cocoon, but this time he had longer legs and little pink stubs on his face. He stared at all of us for a moment before Kipo blurted out "What is THAT?"

The boy easily answered, "His body's going through some changes. It's completely natural." The bug kicked his cocoon away and started complaining at him. "HEY! Quit talking about me in front of strangers!" The boy whispered to us "Raging hormones.." The angsty bug continued his hormonal behavior, "Why are you embarrassing me, man!? GUHH!" He groaned as he again broke out of his now skin cocoon and transformed him to what I think is his adult phase. He cheered as he stepped out of his remains, "Whoo-hoo! I'm out of my awkward stage. Doesn't do me any favors." Wolf had to nudge Kipo to make her snap out of her surprised shock plastered on her face. I, on the other hand, was so fascinated by this one-of-a-kind mute. Clapping my hands together I said aloud, "How extraordinary!" The bug then shouted, getting everyone's attention, "My arm grew short. Did someone here mess with my cocoon?! Was it you?!" He stared at Wolf looking angry and upset about his deformed arms. "You give off a vibe..." "I can make the other arms match the stub.." She pointed the tip of her staff at him, "If you want..." The boy interrupted, seeing as how there was a little bit of tension between them.