▪︎HEY GIRL, I'M FUCKED UP

━━━ 'THAT'S THE KEY, ISN'T IT?'

Your thoughts lingered in your head as you walked upon the marble floor tiles, heading over to your room.

'If Wilbur failed to find whoever this 191...16... something was, RE:LIFE would be taken away from him and then you'd be free, right?' You wondered. You hoped so.

Everything seemed to align with your path to freedom. It was just a matter of time and your own will to find a way to destroy his plans and findings, but despite the sweet sound of the opportunity and clear path towards your freedom, it felt like it didn't end there. What else could possibly be holding you back?

And why..? Why did it seem like something was holding you back in the first place?

You ended up standing in front of your room, eyes on the ground and your forehead leaning against the door. You groaned in frustration and turned your head to the left.

"AAAHH- WHAT THE FUCK-" You screamed, startled by the sudden appearance of a familiar white smiling mask only a few inches away from your face.

Noticing he had unintentionally startled you, Dream took a few steps back, giving some distance between the two of you. You stared at him in shock before your face fell into an unamused expression.

"What do you want? I thought you were gone." You said harshly.

He didn't respond, instead, he stared at you quietly, making you raise a brow at him before sighing heavily.

'Of course, he wouldn't talk... how unsurprising.'

As you were about to place your hand onto the door of your room, Dream grabbed you by the wrist and pulled you close to him. His face was close to yours and his head tilted slightly to the side before speaking.

"You seem to be very stressed at the moment... Do you mind telling me why?"

"Get lost." You spat, struggling in his grip, but he didn't shift in the slightest bit.

"You seem to be very tense..." Dream observed.

"Well, no shit sherlock. Get off."

He loosened his grip and you hastily took your hand away from him. It would be a lie if you said you didn't feel guilt slowly creeping up your back for speaking so coldly, but you would also be lying if you said you weren't tempted to slam the door of your room shut on his face.

You looked back at him, glaring, but he seemed like a clueless puppy, unsure of what he had done to make you upset. Such a play of innocence yet still an intimidating presence. You sighed heavily again, reminding yourself to be nicer with him before turning to face the masked android.

Perhaps it wouldn't be such a bad idea to talk to him for a while, and then you'd get inside the room. Besides, would it even take long?

"Why are you suddenly here?" You asked, eyes still glaring at him.